Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

The bottom one definitely looks πŸ‘ to me @outlander and if you were to do more hills and valleys I have a gut feeling it would straighten right out. The only thing I can think of if it doesn't is that your stitches joined together in the valley parts, may be a little tight.

Oooh I found an awesome project for you πŸ˜‰ sampler granny square kind of one. I'll upload it a bit later.

I really suck at estimating yarn sorry. I have an idea though as I made something with one yarn cake. I'll measure it this arvo and maybe that will help you work out whether you have enough for a lap blanket. I think four should do it but this might help eth calculations.

I'm planning on spending some time this afternoon with my yarn as a reward once I've done some things I need to do. I'll come by here when I've got my stuff out and post what I mentioned ⬆️

Hope your morning is going OK πŸ™‚

73ECC85A-C013-43E4-B651-E3158FADF9EE.jpeg

Hi @CheerBear @outlander  and others reading this - 

here are four squares but I’m not happy eith it. The middle squares are all uneven. Oh well at least I tried. 

Does it look ok?

i bought some more colours today - red, blue lime and sky blue. 

Cant edit to add to these. 

I think fir me it has to be perfect in every aspect ie square size etc. but I guess it can be all different. 

Tiday I saw on YouTube a tutorial for a crocheted basket with handles. I’m going yo try thst after I finish this. 

So many projects to try. Oh and I even saw a tutorial fir a tote bag. 

@BlueBay they look great!!! Such striking colours too! Truly it's great!

So happy you're enjoying it and you're thinking of new projects also. I think it's so good for brains (and souls!)

Crochet = a never ending amount of projects and fun things to make!

πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ™‚β€

They look great! @BlueBay

@CheerBear thanks ill keep practicing i might join another colour and see what happens when i make a bigger piece up hopefully itll go straighter....

Ooh another project? Sounds interesting- would love to see what youve found.
Dont worry i suck at estimating too! Cant work it out as everythinga in yards for moat charts but over here we measure in grams. I guess theres only one wau to find out hey!

Thanks @CheerBear  @outlander  😊

I bought some more wool yesterday - red lime blue and acqua 

I love doing the squares as they don’t take long to do. 

I’m enjoying this project. 

Looking forward to seeing yours as it comes along @BlueBay πŸ˜Š

@outlander I was having a head scratch about your yarn calculations. The conversions with UK and US in sizes of hooks, lengths/weights of yarn, crochet terms... does my head in too!

I found this pattern here. Sharing it not for the pattern but because the person who made it used caron cakes and made a baby blanket (which I think would be about a lap blanket size). They used 3 cakes for the  whole project and V stitch. I am not sure whether chevron uses more or less yarn (leaning to more) than V stitch, but I think your 4 cakes should be fine. 

To give you another idea, this is a shawl I made using one cake. 

201424.jpg

I measured it to give you a sense of how big it is and again think that four should work. 

Also, here's the project I thought of you when I saw. It's a paid pattern but there will be free versions of a similar thing out there. I thought of you because of your swatches - this is like a sampler blanket. Love it 😊

il_570xN.732569973_tdyw.jpg

I have a free kind of day today. I say 'kind of' because there are a bajillion things I maybe should be doing but I could also spend some quiet time trying to get through my project and half doing some of my 'shoulds' (washing etc). Quiet, chill time sounds pretty good to me so I think I'll try and drop the shoulds and have a nice crafty day instead πŸ™‚

Hope it's a good one for you both (all) ❀

love your colour choices @BlueBay
are you going to join the sqaures together when your finished?

@CheerBear mine too im glad when watching most youtube clips they say both terms! our tebles are their doubles - confusing.
ive actually just brought new hooks which have both the number and size on them.

i had a quick look at the V stich and it looks really easy and fast too so maybe ill do the blanket in a v stitch and then do pops blaket in the chevron stitch.

i love your shawl, do you actually use it or is it a cupbaord ornament lol

oh thats a pretty pattern, the good thing about sqaures is that you can make them match in size by taking away or adding another row in so they wont go to waste. maybe i could make a simple square blanket first so i can practice joining them that way when i do a nicer blanket like yours and the one you just shared itll look not as messy
i think a nice crafty day sounds much better!
im at home just doing the washing i probably should done last week so now theres double plus mums washing machine is broken so im currently doing her washing as well. ill have to study at some point but i think ill give the Vstitch a go first otherwise illl be too 'i want to do that' lol

@CheerBear i Love VSTICH!! So easy and fast!

Haha nah - that shawl isn't really my style @outlander πŸ˜‰ It's middle's who uses it as kind of a wrap/snuggle blanket. They love being tightly in something and it's soft and cuddly which works for them πŸ™‚

Oooh new hooks! I bought a really cool set from ebay and it's lasted a lot of crocheting but it's on its way out now. There's a set I've been eyeing off for a while and I'm thinking I might treat myself to them for Mother's Day this year. Theyre pricey but I think I've shown myself that this is a hobby I'll probably stick with for a very long time now. They're a little bit fancy 😁

V Stitch would make a really nice lap blanket and use of your yarn cakes πŸ‘ It should work up pretty quickly too.

I have one load pegged out and one folded. I had to take a break from my blanket as it was frustrating me. I decided to join the squares in a way that only works for even sized squares 😏 So I'm getting muddled up and have so many more ends to sew in and it's taking so much longer than if I'd done them a different way. Grrr me!

Haha snap @outlander πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ‘
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance