Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

2019-03-04 11.08.28.jpg

2019-03-04 11.09.15.jpg

These are the hooks im using. they are really easy to use and handle. They were brought  from officeworks i think it was 25 for the whole set and they have afterpay as an option as well. 

Well im glad middle likes it. It was very nicely done with those pompom thingys on the end!

Grr for it not working but yet again youve proven to be smart and will figure out a way 😆
Ive got 3 loads on the line and 2 waiting to be hung out but no room yet. Ill probably do the folding when i watch tv later on.

2019-03-04 11.27.06.jpg

This blurry camera thing is very annoying but hopefully you can see it ok

I think my stitches  may need to be tightened  abit more though

@CheerBear 

I can see it well! Love it @outlander 😊😍 That will look (and feel!) so nice as a lap blanket 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear
I thought it was a hard stitch whn others meantioned it. Its also easier than hranny sqaure!
Im not sure if the other pic popped up the hooks on it. Someone (that would be ne 😩) having a slow moment and didnt tag you lol

Haha someone (that would be me 😆) is posting via email and not looking through the replies before @outlander!

Officeworks sells crochet stuff?! Did Officeworks just get even cooler?! 😎 (Is that even possible lol)!

They're great hooks and are the same as my first set 🙂 Sometimes I used to get crampy hands with the thin handles though and over time have found that ones with silicone handles work better for me. Now Big has my old set and they're still going. Love the sturdiness of the ones you have and the sizes are perfect for all kinds of projects :ok_hand:!

I had a feeling you might find other stitches a bit easier than Granny! So good to hear you're enjoying it.

I am never, ever making another granny square blanket ever again haha! (I say that now while I'm covered in yarn ends and am mega frustrated, but I'm tipping once I finish this, put it on the lounge and really like it, those annoyed memories will fade 😉).

Giving myself until 2 then will do a run around the house and finish the rest of the washing

Did i say officeworks? @CheerBear
Oh dear what a day! I meant spotlight
I had to go to officeworks and had 2 different convos happening.
So nope lol not officeworks 😂😂😂

Ive heard the silicone ones are good. I like the ones with the indents in it atm as that tends to keep my hands in that spot rather than sliding around.
You definitely deserve to be treated to those hooks though!

Haha i thought you might say that but you also said that before too! The sewing in the ends have got to be the worse! Maybe you should just put a backing on it lol then no one will know you didnt sew in!
Im pretty much finished the washing now. I cant seem to focus on my studies atm though which i really need to. Might be better latter on or tomorrow since i keep getting interuppted and have to do the horses soon and then the kids will be at my house for a while again.
Never ends does it!

Hahaha with Officeworks @outlander! They sell some great crafty things so it wouldn't have massively surprised me.

Nope - I think there will always be something else we need to/should/could etc be doing! I *think* I've made some progress on this creation (love the idea of backing lol) but might put it away now and do some of this housework. I'm running the risk I'm about to chop it all up in frustration (then regret that). "Know when to stop" is an ongoing lesson 😆

Lol @CheerBear put it away dont chop it up it looks beautiful ( though im not the one doing that atm 😆😉)
I keep getting interuppted by mum or pop or someone else. I just start and im interupted at least i can talk and crochet at the same time.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance