Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

Hi @creative_writer I'm sorry to hear you've had those thoughts with you again today, but sounds like they haven't been as bad. 

Just dropping by to offer some support 💛

Please reach out to crisis support if things escalate for you or some of the helplines here💝

@creative_writer yes you get so much back from Medicare but you have to have the full amount up front. Are you on meds? Do you receive the NDIS? Do you have a psychologist or psychiatrist?

@creative_writer  Sorry to hear about your SI 😞

And about the flashbacks 😞

Still sending wishes for you... 💙

@Wilhelmina wrote:
  1. @NatureLover I'm on several meds. My local adult mental health team discharged me on the 2nd of August even though I'm battling with anxiety, paranoia and suicidal thoughts every day. So I no longer have access to a free psychiatrist. I've put aside $200 and my Mum will put in $200 to see a private psychiatrist for $400. No idea how I'm going to afford extra visits. I've got a private psychologist through the NDIS. 

@Wilhelmina  I'm glad you've got some support in the meds, and have had some support in hospital and have a psychologist through the NDIS.

I'm sorry now that you have to try to find money for the psychiatrist 😞

@Paperdaisy and @NatureLover thank you ❤️. I am lucky today has been a bit better. These body flashbacks can be so confusing at times. Like I’ll feel what my body felt like during the time of the trauma and feel so confused. It can feel so real and it’s hard to convince the mind I am okay and that it’s not happening, grounding does help a bit.

@Wilhelmina i am seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist. I don’t receive NDIS. I just pay the gap for my psychologist and pay my psychiatrist upfront and get gap back from
Medicare. I once saw a psychiatrist that was bulk billed and I didn’t have to pay the fees upfront since I was a student. Maybe you can ask your psychiatrist if you can pay the gap because it’s hard for you to find the money.

I tried to not be needy this evening, besides someone else might need more help than me. But I can’t really keep this in. I feel so nauseous and my head is throbbing so bad after re-experiencing the sensations in my body that I experienced during the trauma.

Good Evening @creative_writer ,

Go gentle on yourself @creative_writer . Sometimes, we work so hard to 'get rid' of unpleasant feelings that we end up feeling worse. If you don't mind me say, try to BREATHE it out. Allow yourself to feel the unpleasant and remind yourself it will pass.

I'm sitting with you. Please don't feel you are being 'needy'. Although we are NOT a crisis service, we are here to connect with each other. 

Let me know how you go,

tyme

• I am here too @creative_writer Would you like to share a cuppa with me? I’m watching something on SBS about Scotland mainly because I love their accents but the jug is boiling.

@tyme breathing in and out does help, even brings any of those sensations down. It’s like something broke me a few weeks ago, I haven’t been like this for a while. I guess the healing journey looks different for everyone, and sometimes things just get a bit rough. But it almost feels like the healing has become undone. Winter hasn’t been kind to me either.

@Eve7 ohh I love cuppas. Scottish and Irish accents are both so different and cool.

I'm glad to hear breathing helps @creative_writer - for me, when people used to tell me to BREATHE, I felt like throwing something at them... I think in my head I was thinking "I have such huge problems, and the only thing you tell me to do it breathe?!" I used to get very angry, hence I am careful when I tell people to try breathing.

I guess I never understood the power of breathing until the science was explained to me. That's why I can now tell others to ..... BREATHE... LOL

As for differences in recovery - everyone has their own story to tell. There is no right or wrong way - it is your story. Sometimes, things go very well for a while, then it feels like 1 step forward and 10 steps back. Be gentle and kind to yourself to know many have experienced this - yet the unpleasantness WILL pass.

Sitting with you tonight @creative_writer ,

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance