Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

Has anyone grown up with a super-emotional parent? It was hard and still is hard. I am scared of my mum's emotions so I don't talk to her about things even though she wants me to, so I've ended up internalising and suppressing emotions. I am scared of upsetting her and triggering her. She is loving but I don't want to switch her on her angry switch and feel like it's my fault for doing things wrong and feel like I am failing her. She'll say intense things she doesn't mean and it doesn't help if I am already distressed. It's so lonely, having to keep so much to myself when I am around her so much. I've closed myself to protect her not because I don't trust her. She probably thinks I don't trust her and thinks I trust my psych more. Maybe even feels a bit jealous. I can't talk to my dad, he goes into problem-solving mode and doesn't know what to do. So never really had a parent to talk to about things. I guess they were never taught how to manage emotions when they grew up.

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

I was never able to talk to my parents about anything either. Yes it's how they grew up 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance