Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

@MDT  I'm here. I hear you.

Hugs,

BPDSurvivor

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Thanks all 🙂

Yep! I'm here @MDT 

Good evening @BPDSurvivor

How are you?
I am a bit low this evening 😕

Hey @MDT ,

Im pretty okay tonight despite having two tricky evenings in a row earlier this week.

I've just been reading and responding to posts on these forums. Then I retreated to watching some TED talks. I watched one about the idea of 'disability' and how it is not that a person is inherently 'disabled' but rather, their environment 'disables' them. In other words, we should not look at conditions from a deficit point of view.

Now I think I'll try some meditation... I'm still working towards my 30-day streak. If you met me earlier this year, I would have told you how much I detested meditation... now I've proved it makes a difference.

I know you mentioned you're not so good tonight, but is there anything you think will help? Before you do anything, ask yourself, is it harmful or helpful? For example, if dwelling on your past is harmful, perhaps you shouldn't do it? You get the gist.

Im here for you. Ride out this wave. It will soon be a calm.

BPDSurvivor

Thanks for your thoughts @BPDSurvivor

I am feeling average. Just been chilling out on xbox. Will go to bed i think in the next hour. Have a bunch of chores to do tomorrow and also some cleaning up.

Sister is going away on a small trip. So that means I have some time to myself at home.

That sounds great @MDT .

Are you looking forward to having some space when your sister goes away? In a way, I'm glad you have your sister with you. The novelty of living on your own is great to start with, but when it's day in and day out, it can really be detrimental to mental health.

Have compassion on yourself tonight. It's ok to chill on your Xbox. A new day awaits you tomorrow morning. 

Im here for you,

BPDSurvivor

Thanks my friend you are a great support @BPDSurvivor 🙂

and yes I am. It'll only be a few hours as folks get back after that
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance