Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Wow! I'm so glad to hear you sent your story @Captain24 ! I'm really excited to hear how it goes. I really think your story is amazing. I would make you my poster child if I was Mars.

What worked most for me in terms of reflecting on my MH, was definitely group therapy.Group therapy made me stop and consider my thoughts, take heed of my emotions, look at the situation, then respond appropriately. I hated the thought of group therapy, but alas, it had the biggest impact on my recovery - oh, not to mention, I DO have a psych degree. The psych degree has had the LEAST impact on my ability to understand my own MH. I'm not sure what I got from the degree apart from naming certain parts of the brain.

Of course, I'm not saying a psych degree is 'bad'. I'm absolutely speaking from experience that it didn't help my own MH. I understood more in terms of science and head-knowledge, but didn't add a speck to my own MH recovery.

MH recovery looks different for everyone - do what works for you.

tyme

I don’t think I could do group @tyme . I’m not even sure if they have one. There was a program for healthy living but when she discovered it was a group situation she withdrew me. I think she understands better than I thought. She did also point out that I’ve been sick since March and I need to allow time to recover. I just feel like I’ve plateaued though. Plus I can’t take many more days like the last few. 

That’s why I though maybe there was a better way for me to understand my situation. I’ll just keep staying strong and hope to get through. In my good moments I have noticed that I am a better person and little more empathetic with others. 

Thanks for the chat. I’ve got work tomorrow so im off to bed

Good night and sleep well

I'm getting sleepy too! Speak tomorrow. I'll sleep on my response to your last post 🙂 @Captain24 and respond tomorrow.

gnight!

Hi @Captain24 ,

Continuing from yesterday. I actually hated the thought of group, and resisted it for so long. Eventually, it was the one thing I hadn't yet tried. So I went into group therapy with a different mindset, and really, I think it's had the greatest impact. I still can't believe I sat through all those sessions of group therapy!

Hope this day has been treating you well,

tyme

I’m glad that it worked for you @tyme!

I may try later on if there is one here. But also with my roster I don’t have any day of the week that is a constant day off. Which makes it hard. 

I just have to allow myself time to recover. I get impatient when I have a few consecutive good days or bad days. As you have been saying all the way along I just have to take it day by day. 

My day at work was long and boring but I finished in a good place so that’s all that matters. 

Hope your day went well

I had a really good day today, but now I'm feeling kindda eeewwww @Captain24 . Did a RAT - negative. I'm headachy, vomiting and aching.... just feel yuk! Like this all just came upon me! I'll wrap up a little earlier tonight. 

Speak tomorrow - hopefully. 

Ohhh take care my @tyme 

Hope you feel better soon xxxx 

Hello and hugs my @Captain24 ❤

Thanks 🙂 I'll let you know how I go when I'm on next @Shaz51 @Captain24 

Hugs.

Sorry guys I fell asleep last night.

Hope you get better soon @tyme 

Hope all is well with you @Shaz51 

I’m kind of ok today. I’m pretty tired so I’m heading to bed. I still have one more day shift to go before I go on nights. 

I think I feel ok, just tired, but I have SH urges and not sure at all as to why. They are quite strong but I won’t act on them. Maybe being overtired is a trigger. 

Anyhow I’m off to bed to get some sleep before my alarm goes off at 4:40 in the morning. 

Have a good night

Sorry to hear @Captain24 - I hope sleep will make things a little better. I know it does for me.

As for me, I stayed at home all day and have cancelled everything for today and tomorrow. I'm sipping Lucozade and feel slightly better. I actually don't know what I feel. I'm just happy to hang out with everyone here.

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance