Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Yay @Maggie!!!! What a great start to the day to read that 😁 I'm so glad you have those proud feelings and not the shame ones! Lots of reasons to be proud 😁😊

Are you able to send the YouTube link? I would love to try and nut it out with you 🙂👍🙂

I’ll have a go. @CheerBear  Tech dinosaur. 😩😩

I think I did it @CheerBear 

😮 I know that pattern and have made 1/3 of it twice @Maggie as it's one I really wanted to add to the collection. It's the same person who did Mandala Madness (the big blankets I've made). She is so great to learn from and her tutorials, instructions, pictures, videos are awesome to follow. I am so, soooo excited to see you working on that 😍😁😍!

From memory, my centre curled with that one too and I thought there was something not quite right about it also. I will definitely have a look at it though, hopefully today, and get back to you.

Extra excited for you now!

Popping by as I did a test run of the pattern @Maggie . I think bunching up at that stage is super normal, even though it might look or seem a bit off. Mine did the same. I took pics of each round to see when it started happening. 

2014542.jpg

20190.jpg

201616.jpg

20148.jpg

Round 1 was OK but from then it curled more and more each round. It should flatten out if you keep going I think 🙂

I used a 3.5mm hook with 8 ply yarn and kept my stitches quite loose. Maybe if the yarn is feeling too thick you could up a size hook, but I have a feeling that it will work out as you get on with the pattern. 

Hope that helps a bit. I think yours is spot on :ok_hand:💗

Thanks @CheerBear  mine does look much more frilly, and I might have the last row wrong. Mine looks much thicker than yours... I thought of a larger hook also, and will give it a try. Thanks so much for all the effort you have put in. 💕💜💕

Hi @Maggie @CheerBear, enjoy watching your crochet. Well done to the both of you. 

@greenpea, I have pretty much given up on the bottle on the beach one. The symbols are to alike and difficult for me to. Decipher.  Here is the one I am. Working on. It's 50x60 which is by far my largest try so far.

IMG_20190918_182941_314.jpg

Starry night by van gogh 

@Gazza75  Hey Gazza75 how apt to have a Van Gogh work on the Sane forum :D! It is looking fantastic :). Love peaxx

Thanks @greenpea, I will tag you in a few weeks when I'm finished. ❤️❤️🌼🌼😊😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance