Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: When do you give up?

I just read my last post, please someone tell me if this is grasping at straws....

She has become slowly further detached from me over say really 8 months, there has been small amazing parts in that.
I said to her last week I would endure anything for her because she is worth it! She stood up and said don't even say that I'm not worth it!

Could it be that she does see how much I do for her and our boy and her self worth is so low she has retracted from her feelings because she doesn't feel she deserves me?
At the time she said I deserve someone better who will appreciate me......
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170128_200528.png

Sorry I don't know what that means? Is that a caution sign?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry, just my way of saying DON'T GIVE UP, IT WILL GET BETTER. But only based on your title - i've not read all the posts here. Its certainly NOT a warning, you may already be over the worst of what you're going through. Please don't stress you know best where you're at. Sorry if I scared you. Not firing on all cylinders myself this week - just trying to help, xox,

Lol sorry the picture didn't load the first time I checked it was a black and yellow triangle that's why I thought it was a warning all good thanks 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20161127_224624.png

Yep triangle again lol

Hi @WTFIGO. Perhaps now would be a good time to see her Dr direct and ask for some help from him. The help she needs is professional and (sorry) but you are not a professional. There is also your son as was mentioned. Loving someone often means asking for help when things go 'pear-shaped'. I'd say your wife is scared and lashing out because it's easier than asking for help. She may need hospitalization, this would be beneficial for her, you, your son. Asking for help means you love her and just want to help her. Your wife doesn't love herself and is pushing you away because she feels unworthy. Talk to her Dr, tell him/her, you can't help her as she needs professional help.

@WTFIGO, I am sending you hugs. You are a great man for asking for help, wanting to support your wife as much as possible and WILLING TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO WORK THINGS OUT. 

If you manage to get through to her that she needs help and you say that you will organise it make sure you carry through with it. Hopfully she will see that you do care and you are willing to support her through this what ever it takes.

I was sitting here reading this thread with tears in my eye as I see a man who is willing to walk the earth to help and support his wife and son to get through this. A massive credit to you, please keep your promise, ( this is a personal thing that I am going through at the moment, broken promises and it hurts).

@Former-Member, thanks for the laughs with the posters.

@WTFIGO, i think it would be a great idea to get some support for yourself. A relationship counsellor that you can see for yourself may be a great start for you. As @pip said, seeing yer Dr direct to let them know what is going on is a great idea as well. Just read the rest of pip's last post and I totally agree with what she is saying about your wife. 

With your son, even thought he is not your bio, he is still a son to you and congrats for accepting that.It is a committment you take on when you marry someone who already have children. I too have a step son.

Please seek support for yourself and take care of yourself.

Thank you for your support everyone,

It is getting harder ATM she is acting like I'm nothing to her but the person who feeds all the animals looks after our boy. I offer her a cup of tea and toast because she is tired and working long hours but I just get ignored, I still don't have a job and I'm trying to not over analyse every little thing but it's so hard when you love someone so much and you are literally shut out.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance