Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

Having people to contact, & spend personal time with When Groups & Activities Ressume - will make things much better.

My activity & social groups having all been cancelled (shut-down), left me with no contacts.

We communicated only face-to-face (in person), no-one has each other's phone number.

The expectation to "Do social interaction Online" is ridiculous - we don't have any way of contacting online (either).

Which is why my only social contact has been brief hello goodbyes with shop staff - for the past 2 weeks.

Adge

As for Easter, there is Nothing to do, no way to celebrate - for those who live alone.

All group activities are cancelled (or not allowed) - including Church Services (worship), which is the focus of Easter (& Christmas) for many people.

So this will be the most "Non-Easter" Easter on record (maybe cancelled too?)

Adge

struggling with too much, med change making things so much harder. After tomorrow completely alone again and im scared. im exhausted. theres nothing.

Its a really hard day for me. Even though im trying to distract and fill it with nice things. Its still a really hard day 😞

I dont know why but i randomly decided to work out how long i have been alive, and for some reason it made me sad and i dont really know why.

Ps. For anyone interested 9956days or 238936 hours or 14336185 mins or 860171100 seconds at 4:25pm

sooo worried about my mum tonight , she had a fall 8 weeks ago and her wound is not healing as it should 

now it has a staph infection in her wound , which the doctor has burnt the infected area 

wednesday i clean her place , hope she is ok xxxx

It’s been a long tough day.

Work paid less than half of my Annual Leave (Hours Applied for) that was already Approved.

They Defaulted to Minimum Hours (3 hours per day/ 12 hours per week) - & paid that amount instead.

Not sufficient to pay my expenses.

Work have sent several harassing emails – requiring immediate Online Virus training (of some sort).

Whilst we are all on Leave, & should not be required to complete anything in our own time (on Leave).

This has been stressful, as I am unable to deal with it – I don’t have the Link or Information on Where to do this training (Certificate).

I lodged an Intention to Claim Newstart (with Centrelink) – then was forced (Redirected) to Complete an Entire Online Newstart Application (which took me several hours).

This was because, when I declared (being Paid) Annual Leave – Centrelink (Online) said I did not meet the C Virus Special Provisions.

Misinformation – their publicity says that the Normal Requirements (for Newstart) have been Waived (suspended) – they were not.

I have a blistering headache, & I couldn't eat (all day) - but I got there (sort of).

Adge

I worry I am going downhill without being able to see my supports. I can only talk to them over the phone and it is not working. It scares me how long this will go on for. My support worker will only do phone calls too. I feel completely alone and am scared of what is coming. It is all too hard without my supports face to face. I should not be complaining, at least I have supports. Others are doing it much harder then me. 

Hey there @Snowie it is an understandable worry, face to face has so much depth and potential of course. Have you let them know that you're finding the phone chats are not as helpful? Sometimes it's surprising how practitioners can shift their approach when needed Heart It's okay to complain, you are allowed to have this moment and honour this frustration. Sending every good vibe your way, and also big props on keeping up with the sessions - in the current climate it would be very easy to give them a miss.

I don't feel like I can do anything right at work. I started a new job recently & have felt incompetent since the day I started even though I excelled at my previous position doing the exact same thing! I have felt my mental health consistently decline because of it & I feel so stuck & unsure of what to do.

I feel like it's become a downward spiral, because I feel that because I can't do something I actually end up messing up & again & again.

I now have all the pressure of a new position (higher with more responsibilities) that I didn't ask for & feel like it was kind of pushed on me. I'm really not someone to say no, or how I'm feeling so I just went with the flow.

My husband has said to just quit because he has noticed the change in me but I'm honestly so lost

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance