Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

Today it was looking like rain for our group walk so on those occasions we go to the local shops for a cuppa. We walked 15 minutes which was twice around the malls then had a cuppa and finished with another 19 minutes of walking (3 times around the malls). So in all I have done my 30 minutes of daily exercise as recommended. The weather here is not so good for walking outside lately. Hopefully the weather will cheer up soon.

Meggle

@Shaz51 

Here is my accountability thread for Walking for Wellness. Welcome my friend 🙂

Nothing much posted yet as it's only two days old 

Meggle

@Fluttershy1 @Abner @bipolarbunny @Pato 

Hi guys just checking in with you. I wanted to ask Candydipper1 especially- have you managed to do some intentional exercise yet? I am waiting to hear all about your efforts. Well done you others who already have an exercise regime happening. We would love any further encouragement and or motivational stories that you are willing to share with us. Please feel free to post all that you are doing too! We would love to hear about it and support you too!

Meggle

hello @Oaktree , soo proud of you atarting this new thread 

helo and hugs @Pato@bipolarbunny@Abner@Fluttershy1 Heart my awesome friends xoxo

Hey @Oaktree

I have managed to get out of the house and do some exercise which I'm proud of. It's been quite hard 

Well done hun! That's huge!!!

It was you that had a heart operation coming up on the 30th wasn't it?

If so you need to not push yourself too hard and listen to your body.

Meggle

@Oaktree & @Fluttershy1 you both are amazing and so inspiring! Keep up the great work! So proud of you both, go you good things! xx

Hiya @Shaz51 @Pato @Abner xx

BB 🐰💙

Aww thanks @bipolarbunny 

You helped me by telling me that it was as simple as having a plan. At the moment my plan is to try and do 30 minutes of walking each day. We will see how that goes for now. It doesn't have to be speedy it just has to involve moving. That's a good start!

Meggle

@Oaktree - I have been pushing myself 

@Oaktree Absolutely my friend movement is movement it's not a race, you just do your speed, what feels comfortable for you. There maybe some days you can only do ten minutes, and that's perfectly awesome too, every little bit helps. So happy for you! 🙂 xx

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance