Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

C_C
New Contributor

Spirling down a dark hole

Let's see if I can get this to make sense.. 

My mum was diagnosed with ovarian cancer very recently (for the second time) my mum is my best friend, she is everything to my girls and I, and is the mum to my husband that he never really had.

So granted I took this news extremely hard to say the least. 

Now a little background on my husband is that he has bipolar and can be emotionally unavailable sometimes expecially when he feels helpless, he will shut down completely.

I felt so alone, he ignored me and left me to cry and breakdown on my own, when I needed him the most! 

I reached breaking point and lashed out at him which I am not proud of. 

The next day he reached out to a long time female friend (platonic)

And not only told her about our fight but also shared my mums devastating news! 

He then lied to me 3 times and swore he never told her! It eventually came out that he did and he was very remorseful and told me he didn't want to tell me because he knew it would hurt me and that the second he told her he had instant regret and changed the subject with her.

Im now left with my head so screwed up I don't no which way is up or down, this man has been my rock and my person who I tell everything to for the past 13 years, he has completely blindsided me and my mental health has taken an enormous nose dive! 

He has broken my trust big time and I just can't seem to let it go, I have turned into a person I don't recognise, im on edge all the time, I near vomit when he picks his phone up, when he is at work im constantly anxious about Wether he is talking to her and what secrets about our life he is telling her.

If he doesn't answer me I will call him over and over and over again like a psycho! 

Im literally vomiting because of all these feelings and hurt. 

Iv never been this jealous/insecure/anxious/needy person before and I don't no how to let it go.. 

He has apologised profusely! 

It's stupid but I feel emotionally cheated on, and that's the part I'm finding so hard to let go. 

Im having very stupid thoughts, I have my beautiful girls to think about though.. 

Im just lost and not sure how to fix myself....

I love this man with everything I am.. 😥

1 REPLY 1

Re: Spirling down a dark hole

@C_C this sounds like a complex relationship issue... it's all relative, you know.

I would grow greater management of the relationship, between yourself & your partner.

Maybe, just set out (in a casual manner), things to do each day, things that may help the relationship.

Things like:

- family time spent wisely

By this, i mean that we all need our own space, now & again.

Make 'family time', essential, and 'own space time', clearly a progressive & quality return, for the efforts we all go to, to 'self-grow'.

Please ignore, the above, if not useful : )

Thanks @C_C 

BTW: so sorry, to hear that, things are a bit much lately

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance