Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

supermodel
Contributor

Something's Not Right

I started hearing voices 

I didn't know there was a cure.. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Something's Not Right

Hi and welcome, @supermodel .

Is hearing voices new for you?

I'm wondering if you have any professional support, like a trusted GP, a counsellor, psychologist or psychiatrist?

Feel free to tell us more, we are here to listen.

A handy forum tip is if you tag people with @ , they won't miss your reply.

Hi and welcome to the forums community @supermodel 

Just thought I’d share a resource in case you might want to read about others experiences of hearing voices or get some general information about this for yourself.

The Hearing Voices Network has a website that has information & resources for people who hear voices, see visions or have other unusual perceptions. They are also connected to hearing voices groups if at all that might be of interest.

https://www.hearing-voices.org/voices-visions/

Hey @supermodel 

Thats a super name.. where did you find the cure?

I started hearing voices in 2006 after working in the security industry i wasn't aware there was medication available and drew on real life experiences that triggered my illness.. i guess the stigma surrounding the illness was also a contributing factor when i first decided to seek help in 2009 - i then went on without medication until 2012 where my problems became too much to handle on my own - while i still believe the real life experiences contributed to my illness i understand that my illness was onset by a my drug abuse mainly cannabis from the age of 12 with an [edited by moderator] episode.. countering the real life scenarios my story was refused through work cover and i was basically ignored when it came to telling my side of the story.. 

You can tell your side of the story here @supermodel . I'm sorry you have been ignored and unheard. You deserve to be heard.

I'm hearing you.

thankyou for your kind words @tyme 

i understand sometimes psychobable is exactly that - but relative experiences can be seen many different ways through stories told.. i guess an individuals life story means more to oneself sometimes - life experience and lies relate to heresay. 

i'm very much isolated from the world since my illness

Hope you have lovely new year !!

At many times, I was also isolated during my MH @supermodel . So I'm hearing you.

Today, I may be alone, but never lonely. I hope you also come to that. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance