Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: JOIN US: Wednesdays’ Well of Wellness – Wellness Tips for Carers!

Thank you @Appleblossom for the information   @tyme 

With my CKD I am up 4 times a night every night and I need to keep my hearing aid in at night in case mum needs me 

Mr shaz meds helps him sleep , very noisy 

It's that time of the week again, Carers! Let's look at our next Wellness tip to add to our Well of Wellness.

For me, at this point in the week, I feel like I need a bit of a lift. I found these following simple tips a good reminder for self care...especially BREATHING! I know the tips may be simple, and I am aware 'Talk to an Adult' is targeted at young people, but sometimes, we need to be reminded that we are young too!

maxresdefault.jpg

I am not in control of what is happening in my environment, but I AM in control of how I respond.

Check-in: How have you managed in this past week?

Cheers,

tyme

Welcome to Wednesdays' Well of Wellness! 

Yes, it's that time again.

@Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Determined @Jay5 @Tinker67 @Nells @Tiredness @Jen54 @Stargirl @ferngully @Scoo @Krishna @Smc @Pebble67 @Sharma @Anastasia 

Let's not forget to DRINK WATER! When caring for others, we often forget we need water, especially during days that are warmer. 

If we wait until we feel thirsty, our bodies are already dehydrated!

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 4.07.25 pm.png

How much water have you had today?

tyme

Probably not as much water as I should of @tyme 

As I have a kidney infection  this week 

Such a timely reminder @tyme, I keep putting off so I'll go get some now!

@Rhye @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Stargirl,

For me, I tend to drink more water if it is chilled or sparkling. If so, then it is a preference. Otherwise, I wait until I'm thirsty.

Hi @AFK - welcome to Wednesdays' Well of Wellness for Carers where we share a wellness tip each week. Carers pick and choose what works and doesn't work for them. You're welcome to join us 🙂

tyme

I began sipping water when I was told I was extremely dehydrated when preparing for my brother's wedding.  It is the main thing I hang onto as a wellness habit.  Simple. Powerful. @tyme My water bottle is usually next to me. 

Ha ha @Rhye 

@Shaz51 Oh no.  You have to be extra careful.

I agree with you @Appleblossom . Drinking water is so simple, yet so powerful.

I like to have big bottles around me all the time. I drink from one and have others in the fridge - then I rotate.

Oh, and 'pretty' bottles helps me remember to drink water too!

@tyme @Appleblossom @Rhye @Shaz51 @Tinker67 @those I have left out! Yes water is wonderful and I am pretty good at drinking it especially after a surf. Bring in salty ocean water always makes me thirsty! Eating fruit is another wellness tip that is sometimes missed. Even an apple a day is a good habit to get into. Peaches are pretty yummy where I am at the moment so I'm loving eating them. Sending wellness thoughts to you all. 

You're right @Stargirl - FRUIT!

When I am working, I have a good habit of packing a container of fruit each day - and a carrot.

When I'm NOT at work.... ooppps! I don't tend to eat much fruit.

I've reflected on this, and I think it is because fruit is such an easy, on-the-go food so I can eat it when I'm on the run at work... but you're right... it needs to be everyday, including the weekends and holidays!

Thank you for sharing @Stargirl . And please enjoy the surf for me.

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance