Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Neurofeedback

wow, sounds really good @Phoenix_Rising , I find this fascinating as well. Wish it was something that I could try. Maybe it will be the new common thing in 10 years... and available even out in the country sticks 🙂

lj

@Former-Member if I can ever get stable enough to complete the requirements to register as a psychologist, I would love to train as a neurofeedback provider. I know it isn't a magic cure by any means, but I think it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ah-mazing @Phoenix_Rising! Seriously cool stuff. It's also seriously cool to feel your enthusiasm. I too am looking forward to ep2 next week. Awesome 😄

@Phoenix_Rising. I remember at one session - I was doubting that it was working. I was thinking the computer was doing it all and it was all a load of cow dung.
So then I thought - I'll test it. I started to get angry. Focus on angry thoughts. Wow. The computer did the opposite. I then started thinking better calming thoughts - the images on the screen then did what they were meant to do.
At the end of that session - my psychologist said - were you testing it? I said yes how did you know? She said my reading that day - the print out of my brain waves - was very different to my normal brain waves when calm and when stressed. She said when she and other psychologists were training to use this - they also tried to manipulate the read out and that it was very obvious.
I think it has great potential too help a lot of people.

@NikNik wrote:
I learnt a lot from this thread! Like @Zoe7 I'm looking forward to the next episode 🙂

PS: Am I floating around in a giant nutella jar by any chance?

@NikNik Giant nutella jars don't float, silly...but you got me thinking about chocolate, and then I had a picture of you floating in the glass elevator from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and now I have Oompa Loompas singing in my brain. Er...and now I'm feeling self conscious that I just described all of that on this thread which is kind-of all about my brain...which is clearly a very high functioning brain! Smiley LOL

@Phoenix_Rising. Now I'm singing "oompa oompa oompa dee doo. I've got another puzzle for you ..."
It will be stuck in my head all night

Hi @Atalanta, here is the tag to my neurofeedback thread as promised. Smiley Happy

@utopia How good are Oopa Loompas! They are guaranteed to lift my mood just as much as Finding Nemo!!!!

Lol. @Phoenix_Rising. Love the Oompa Loompas. I love the original Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. The new one with Johnny Depp scares the behesus out of me. Very freaky.
Gene Wilder - not so scary

Thanks for the update @Phoenix_Rising, it sounds really productive, and interesting. Hope the dreams don't mean anything threatenning.

I can't wait for the next week's episode. Keep me updated.   Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance