Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

Sending my support as always @Adge   Sorry to hear you are still debilitated from your last surgery.  Have you been able to do your regular yoga like you used to?

Thanks @eth Appreciated.

Yes, still always one yoga class every week - not yet my 2nd (Saturday) class.

I haven't felt up to that one for the past few months.

Are you going away (did you say)? If so, I hope it goes well.

Adge

Yes @Adge  I'll be away from the 3rd til the 14th.  Offline so no forums in that time.  Going to visit my adult child (post-op support) and my grandchildren.  

@Adge hey Adge, hope you are feeling a bit better. I had dinner and now reading in bed. Outside there is some music in the street and car sounds. Was raining heavy that it sounded relaxing.Hope to get through the night and start working week. Take good care.

I hope you have a good week too @Meowmy Reading in bed sounds a good idea.

I've been doing some of that.

I'm short on food, shall have to be creative & invent something.

It's been raining here too, although only lightly.

I find the sound of rain at night relaxing too.

Adge

@Adge ,hey Adge, hope your evening turn out a bit more pleasant.Guess the weekend will be over soon. Not good the recent weekends you had found them hard. I find it took many years to accept my chronic illness. It affects my life minute to minute. That live with it needs great compassion and patience. I found it a lot better when I joined the forum. The burden is so much lighter when do it together with others. My long time male friend suffers from debilitating autism. He is quick and unpredictably to anger and socially very awkward. It unsettled me easily and makes me ill at times. We don't live together.

But we care for each other and support each other.

Hope you feel a bit better . 

@Adge Hey, hope you are going okay. Hope you are feeling a bit better. With chronic illness, I guess we have to learn coping ways. I have been feeling very tired last two days. Have been having very long naps. My mental faculties are okay, I think. I find my moods very fragile and need attention and care a lot of times. Hope you find ways to deal with your symptoms. Take care.

Me too @Meowmy Exhausted.

I cannot actually sleep (even nap) at all during the day anymore.

So I do Breathing mindfulness meditations (lying down) every day, instead.

That helps me a lot.

I just put new funny quotes (& pictures) on my Funny Quotes thread.

That helps me to feel a bit better - & it hopefully cheers other people up too....

Adge

@Adge Hey the funny quotes thread was great. Thanks for that. I find massage helps me to nap. I had one today,then slept. Woke up feeling much better. May be hot bath can help. Would you think may be also ask doctor for blood test, ? May be bowel operation leave you not absorbing some vitamins?

Here is an edited version of my original post - that the moderators gave me.

Massage is really good @Meowmy Although I cannot sleep after a massage, either.

I know I'm not absorbing my food or vitamins well at all.

That's been for the past 4 & 1/2 years, since the first bowel surgeries.

That's why it took me almost 4 years to gain my healthy weight back (after losing so much in hospital).

The Drs know about it, but never suggested anything to do about it.

I take probiotics every day (expensive), & that helps a bit.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (caused by Disconnecting Bowels for 6 months) - means that most of my food goes straight through.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance