Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Physical and emotional pain

Hi there @Ant7 unfortunately the GP didn't prescribe me any stronger painkillers or offer any real advice other than telling me the pain should subside one day. In the meantime I can take non-prescription analgesics (which only offer very temporary relief of about 4 hours at a time).

Thank you again for thinking of me Heart

@Queenie your last few days sound beyond awful. I can understand the SI. I really hope by now that you have some pain relief that's easing the physical aspects. For me, as soon as sleep goes it's a steep and slippery slope mentally/emotionally. I have to knock myself out to aviod that. The usual drug is powerful and helpful and yuk at the same time. It's the lesser of two evils. It's good that you have your Mrs. Thinking of you.

@Queenie My heart goes out to you I do hope you have less pain today and I hope you have been able to get some sleep ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you @frog and @Ant7 for thinking of me, I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

I am still experiencing strong pain but so far am managing as the pain. I experience severe pain every few hours instead of constantly.

@Queenie That sounds like an improvement but it still sounds terrible I do hope you are getting better ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks @Ant7 Heart

I had an attack of severe pain just before and the children just sat and stared at me. I think I frightened them because I was pacing the kitchen clutching at my mouth and crying. When the pain strikes it is quite excruciating. 

Dear @Queenie I got confused. I liked your post and then unliked it.

Sorry you are going through this.

I have had similar stuff to manage. Its tough. No doubt about it.

It is part of the reason why I do so much music. For chronic pain and natural endorphins.

Take Care

@Queenie I can understand that it would be difficult for them and it would be hard for you to see them worry about you when you are in pain. I wish there was more they could do for you ❤️❤️❤️

Hello @Ant7 and @Appleblossom, I had an acute attack of pain this morning which stopped me going out and enjoying the day with the family. They've gone out without me. This is really beginning to 'get' to me in more ways than one. I've almost totally withdrawn from the world outside the family home. I am supposed to visit my cousin and go to a local Chinese restaurant with her, but I just don't want to go. I don't want to let her down either and let on that something is 'amiss'. I've just spent all morning pacing the floors of different rooms in the house crying out in pain. I think the cat and the dog think I've gone completely bonkers. I cannot live with this pain. Don't get me wrong, I am no wuss when it comes to pain having 11 tattoos and 5 piercings. I am just so frightened that this pain will never end. What is even less reassuring from the doctor and the dentist is that they don't know when the pain will subside.

Listen to your body. @Queenie 

Pain is sending a warning. SHe can be a helpful messenger telling you when enough is enough.  I can tell you are no wuss.

Its sad to miss out socially, but its harder to pretend through pain.  You should not have to pretend there is nothing amiss.

Sorry I took so long to respond.  I was not sure what to write.

Gently Bently Bella

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance