Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not functioning

Hi there @Eden1919 thanks for letting us know how you are... it sounds like you're struggling and very depressed. That can feel very demoralising.  You've put in the hard yards and you're doing what you can to stay on top of what you think you need to do but have you factored in self-compassion? Is there something nice you can do to reward yourself? Something you'd enjoy? Even little things count. For me it's a work in progress to remember these little things and do them but I'd like to incorporate them in a daily routine. 

Give yourself credit for what you ARE achieving, too... it's probably more than you think.

Best wishes 

Dimity

@DimityI have tried being kind to myself but that isn’t helping my very real deadlines idk nothing seems to be helping anymore. I really don’t know what to do.

I am not coping at all today I just want to cry but I can’t and everything is such a mess and I am trying so hard but it is never enough nothing is ever enough I want to scream. I just don’t know what to do anymore nothing is working and I can’t keep up.

Sitting with you @Eden1919 

It sounds tough

@Dimity  thanks

I am still really struggling with everything and idk what to do anymore no one is really understanding me and maybe that is my fault because i cant seem to communicate what is going on properly like i am trying but just it isnt working even on here it is not working and i cant find the words and i am just exhausted and everything is too much and i want to scream and i am just things just keep getting harder and harder and i keep feeling like i am about to cry and idk everything is just way too much.

Hugs @Eden1919 I'm listening.  I'm sorry things are hard and aren't getting better.

I hear you want to scream... to let it out... and noone understands... there's hurt and fear and rage maybe... but you want to connect... and I hear that too. 

You've mentioned you have a support worker. Do you also talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist? It sounds as though you need the extra support and maybe a review as  it's been a while. 

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment too... I'll just have to hope i can see my way forward soon. I admire you for persevering with your studies, and I hope it's an ongoing interest for you. 

Take care @Eden1919 , I mightn't understand but I'm sending you my very best wishes.

Dimity

@Dimity thanks that means a lot. 

I am feeling a little less overwhelmed today thankfully but everything is still a struggle I will have a busy next few weeks and I hope I can keep up. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance