Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

GuyAusten
New Contributor

Lost everything including family

I'm 29 years old my ex walked out needing space and her mum drove 25hrs to pick her up and I'm confused because we never had any fight between us it was over the children because she was step mum. The kids did treat her odd an they disrespected her. For 3 years myself an partner were a couple with no kids 7 months ago my kids mother dumped the kids on us and made our relationship fall apart because since the kids been living with their mum an moving around alot alot of bad habits come from that. My partner left with out even talking to me. I packed up the house alone and went back to Brisbane with my family and I only thought I lost my relationship. Turns out my family was fighting with each other turns out it was about me an I got kicked to the curb an they took my kids the kids mother picked up my partner an took the kids to the park and I'm so upset because I lost everything everyone blocked me and I've not done anything wrong I'm after answers but know one's tell me. They all doing everything behind my back

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost everything including family

Hi @GuyAusten 

Sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time at the moment. No doubt our community will rally around you to offer support. 

We hope that you find the forums a great place to connect with other members, share stories and ideas, and find the support and connection you deserve.

Feel free to Introduce yourself here if you haven’t already!

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

The SANE Forums Team

Hi @GuyAusten 

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through; it sounds like a lot. 

A change in relationship or family structure can be difficult, even when it is planned, and changes in dynamics may affect everyone involved differently. 

Even a much-wanted new baby requires an adjustment period for the family and can be stressful. 

Is it possible that your partner was struggling with the introduction of the children to your relationship? Maybe she feels overwhelmed by this new role of stepmum and is taking time out to process the situation. 

I do hope that your family keep the lines of communication open and can offer you some feedback soon, maybe allowing them the space to process what is happening for them will allow for this.

The lack of communication does sound difficult and I do hope you get some answers soon. 

Wishing you the very best in resolving this situation.

Kindly Alisse

Hey @GuyAusten 

That sounds like a really tough time, I am so sorry that you're having to go through this. 

Do you currently have any supports around you that might be able to help you during this period? They could be informal or formal.

Sitting with you,

Amber22

Hey @GuyAusten ,

I wonder if your partner is concerned they can't manage having the children. Have they ever spoken to you about it?

I'm so sorry. It must be so hard for you at the moment. 

I'll be sending you an email shortly. Please look out for it and respond when you are able.

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance