Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Internal shaking

I’ll let you know @Razzle 

tske care xx

@BlueBay 👍❤️❤️

Hi @Razzle@utopia@Surfbird@Zoe7@Faith-and-Hope@Shaz51

I saw a different doctor this morning. But can you believe I forgot to ask him about the internal tremors. We were worried about my high blood pressure and temple pain and tingling in my right arm. 

He said I had a brain scan done in January because of migraines. That showed unspecified something. Apparently I had another one 6 months and it was the same. I can’t renrmber having them done. He thinks the blood pressure and tingling are not related. But they do look fir ms. He said if continues then they can do a nerve test on my arm. 

He wants me to make sure I mention it to my own doctor next Thursday. I need to write things down because I always forget when I get into doctors rooms. 

I told him I’m worried about the cat scan results of “unspecified “. 

Anyway I’ll talk to my doctor next Thursday. 

I have experienced that sensation as a stress reaction @BlueBay.  I had it for a year after I lost my mother and was under all sorts of pressures.  I had to keep looking up at the pendant light fittings (we were living somewhere where mild earthquake tremors were frequent) to see that they were perfectly still and not swinging gently, to understand that the tremors were inside me ......

It passed with time, and a reduction in the number of stressors in my life, and lots of self-care.

I have also had same tingling hands and feet a different times also had mris also mentioned ms but in the end think it's a stress response, as they keep being inconclusive, 

sounds maybe related ? Bad nerves? 

@BlueBay  Oh I hope you can get some answers, especially about the cat scans, better to know what you’re dealing with than not know.  

I’ll keep you in my thoughts ❤️❤️

Not a n8ce feeling when you get an unclear result @BlueBay. I had unclear MRI results - which eventually were shown to be normal.  But scary.  I get it. 

Breathe. 

Thsnks @utopia@Razzle@Surfbird@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7@Shaz51

ive got lots of stressors in my life and have for the past 9 yrs @Faith-and-Hope

Not knowing is worse

@utopia When you hear the word “inconclusive “ you panic (well I am). 

I had an interesting session today eith my therapist. She explains the internal tremors as a result from trauma. It’s a good thing she explains as it’s my body releasing the ‘fight or flight response ‘

she said it’s possibly this but to get it checked by my doctor. So that’s another theory of the internal tremors. 

Thanks for sharing @BlueBay.  It's good for all of us to know.  It's important to get it checked out and not just presume that is what it is ..... but once the tests are done and nothing shows up, then the doctor will usually ask .... "Okay, what else is happening in your life ?  Is there anything causing you a lot of upset ?"

At least, that is what has been happening for me.  It's a relief that it hasn't turned out to be anything else, but it is a warning to slow down, reduce stressors wherever possible, seek further support, increase self-care wherever possible ..... these things are not always possible, or achievable in the short term, but in the absence of any other health condition, it seems to be a warning that our system is under great strain from that fight or flight response and seeking a way to offload.

Hi all, 

Im new here and wanted to share my experience. I started feeling the same internal shaking about 4 years ago. Mine starts as soon as I open my eyes in the morning or through the night if I wake. The reason mine started was because my mum had a heart issue and was being raced off to Emergency via an ambulance on a regular basis. I wasnt consciously aware of it until I analysed what had been going on but my body was in constant fight or flight mode....I was always wondering when the next moment was that Id get the call and want to rush to be by her side. Again, it wasnt something I felt consciously and so the internal shaking was initially concerning. I had also experienced an ongoing bout of gastritis at the time, a dodgy knee,  recently broken up with the person Id been seeing, my dog passed away and Id started studying part time whilst working 40 hours/week - all in the year or so prior. So there was a lot going on and a lot of issues Id been dealing with. When mums heal

th started to get better and I was no longer subconsciously on edge, the internal shaking stopped (about 6 months later). My gastritis also slowly got better.  

I wanted to share this experience as it has recently returned (both the internal shaking - like adrenalin upon waking, and the gastritis). 

Im not sure if they are connected but I read that someone else had gut issues too. I also cannot lie on my left hand side, but that is due to the acid and gastritis, not the internal shaking. I still have a lot on my plate -trying to juggle uni deadlines, working full time, seeing the family and just not having enough time to exercise and relax. I think this is the cause of my shaking. I dont have it during the day, just upon waking -when my bodys still and all is quiet. I wonder if its always there...I just cant feel it normally? 

I figure I will need to resolve the conflict within myself -worrying that I wont have time to do everything I need - before I can even hope the shaking will stop. I dont drink coffee as I get similar shakes. Ive started again on warm water and Iberogast. My shaking isnt an underlying medical condition (physical), its anxiety. I think its my bodys way of preparing me when Im awake. I need to control my thoughts so that I can fool my body into thinking Im no longer stressed or worried. 

Wishing everyone all the very best with their symptoms, and please eliminate everything else before assuming your shaking is anxiety -  symptoms can so often be similar.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance