Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Disassociating is ruining me

Hi everyone, just wanted to say I've been taking all my meds as I should and used quite a few of the suggestions. Which means I'm more sedated and struggling to wake up in the mornings, but doing much better. Haven't disassociated as bad or at all. Thanks for all the advice.

Re: Disassociating is ruining me

I get what you are saying.  I had a problem with drinking, drugs and lost behaviour episodes.  All I can say is that it takes time and for me psychology has been helpful in helping with some of the internal turmoil. 

It is good that your partner is aware, having someone else present can be helpful to minimise any risky behaviour.

One thing that can help is remove any alcohol from the house and then it will not be a go to, tough if your partner likes a little drink I am sure.  Try and create a routine as well that can be comforting and help reduce the stress associated with disassociating.  Ok hope that helps.  Much love.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance