Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Want to make some friends to feel less lonely

Hello @photosynthesis_ ,

@Sirius, @Eve7 , @Zoe7 , @NatureLover , @Shaz51 , @Bow , @Faith-and-Hope , @MDT , @Snowie 

and others reading and participating in this conversation

@photosynthesis_, I am older but can easily imagine your position, having studied and lived in, what to me, was a strange environment at that time. The loneliness actually had a negative effect on my studies. Hopefully we can assist in ensuring that does not happen for you.

While we maintain anonymity, there are some interesting and engaging discussions here on the forum. Everything from, "Hi, how's your evening going?" to more indepth discussions. If there is a topic that you would particularly like to discuss and are unable to find a thread covering the topic, you can start your own titled thread and invite others to join and contribute. Whatever question you may ask or contribution you may offer, the content is likely to help someone else and you too.

Contact times can be a little sporadic, with members coming and going. As you can see, the responses to your initial contact have been spread over nearly a day. Please have a look around. All forum threads are open to all members.

A few things that would help members, of which you are now one, is to give some non-identifying details about yourself. Studies, whether you are a city person or a country person in the city. Someone asked what you enjoy doing in spare time.

I, along with others, hope that you will enjoy the interaction and communication with others here in the forum.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi @photosynthesis_ @MDT 

I hear what you are saying.

Sorry I am late in responding. I'm finding the tech side of the forums quite challenging.

I think one of the best ways to improve our lives is to develop meaningful social connections, as we are "supposed to be" social beings.

Being lonely isn't something to be shrugged  off and is as damaging to our health a day as smoking 15 cigarette :cigarette:.

I too feel lonely and know the challenges of finding meaningful relationships.

In a book I am reading ATM " Everything is *!cked " it highlights the importance of community.

I'm hoping that's what these forums will provide me with and friendships.

I am relatively new to this but have already found one lovely friend @Zoe7 and got introduced to a few of her buddies as well @Snowie @Faith-and-Hope @Bow

is that by Mark Manson ? @Former-Member

Yes that's the one ! ☺️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance