Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Nay69
Senior Contributor

Good Evening xoxo

@Former-Member@faith-and-hope@Sophia1@boot

Jist wanted to say 👋.

I am pretty proud of myself today because I finally got the courage to watch the filming of my beautiful dads funeral service... it may sound morbid but it’s a journey that I have been on for over 4 years and it’s something that I had to do.

after visiting my dads grave back in July and having my WONDERFUL sister tell me that it was about time after 4years, I decided that I needed to face my fears, demons and my unforgiving family and release the pain😔

I feel comfortable in the knowledge that my dad is at peace (his final resting place with his parents in SA is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen)

My family is strained and probably will be for the rest of my days, but at least I know that I was his rock after all the years of him being mine xoxo 

I miss him more than words could ever explain.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Good Evening xoxo

Hi @Nay69

Thst must have been very tough for you. Sending Hugs to you ❤️❤️

@BlueBay

Sending much love back to you x❤️
Thanks for reaching out hun

Grieving is so individual. @Nay69

Nobody has the right to say what is or is not morbid.

It sounds as if you did what you needed to do.  Stayed away until you felt you could manage it.

Recently I watched a few youtubes of my youngest brother. That was part of my griefwork Just seeing, hearing and remembering him was heaps better than just photos.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance