Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

@CheerBear  yes it's one of mine.  Not all that happy with the current one I am working on. Hard to see the symbols and I think it's a bit little to small to get all the detail that should be there.

@outlander, bracelet looks very nice, hope you can figure out a way to hook it together  😊

My face did this 😮 when I saw it @Gazza75! Awesome. Is this the one you're working on now? Have you ever had a go at cross stitch? It kind of reminds me of a sparkly one of them.

@CheerBear, I am working on a beach scene one now. Glass bottle with a ship and coral inside. Looks nice in a photo, but, I am worried its not going to turn out how I want. Its the first full canvas I've done as well so it will take a. Lot longer to do.  All the other ones are only partials. 

I haven't tried cross stitch, but, I think the diamond painting definitely has similarities.  They are in the same section in my local spotlight. 

Glad you liked the elephant  🙂 ❤️🐘

Hi @CheerBear @Gazza75 @outlander @saturnzoon @Shaz51 @@@@@and all the crafty critters here! I love all of the work that you have been doing! Well done!

@Gazza75 your diamond dots paintings are so interesting. I’ve got a unicorn one I picked up on clearance at the Reject Shop a few weeks ago but I’m yet to try it out. I’ll get there! Thanks for the comment on the teddy bear as well!

@CheerBear thanks for commenting on the teddy bear. I used a pattern but altered it slightly to make it on 4mm knitting needles which is why it is so big. Knitting is so relaxing for me which is why I enjoy it. I’m nearly finished a beanie for charity so I’ll post it soon. I started it on Friday night after deciding in the afternoon that it was definitely beanie weather down here in Victoria and I know the pattern by memory so I can basically knit it with 4.5mm needles and 8ply wool without any problems! As for the craft/art group thing, I’ve got an allowance for community participation in my ndis package and I’ve looked around near me to go to it when I get a support worker so chances are, if/when I get a worker, they’ll be coming along with me. It means it helps my mental health with communication skills and I’m participating in the community whilst doing something I love for 2 hours a week. That could take up to 8 weeks for me to get a worker though but I plan on going in the next few weeks to see what the group is like. I’d try the craft group- you might have fun and learn some new things! 

Keep posting your wonderful craft items, everyone! I love looking at them and getting different ideas and learning from all of you! Enjoy your crafting☺️

@outlander I love the bracelet you have done, I'd like to make one  do you have info of how you did it please. 

@Judi9877 @CheerBear @Gazza75 @Shaz51 love coming on here to see how where all doing and get ideas of what we can try from each other.

I'm still doing my hexagon blanket, the way I came up to make it a bit easier, now is I'm doing six hexagon of different colours, then adding them to the blanket cause I found last time when I was just doing lots of the hexagons and adding them to blanket I forgot what stitch I was doing to add them, and got real angry with myself, it took me about a week to work out the stitch i was using.

thank you @Gazza75 your new diamond painting sounds nice too

thank you @saturnzoon
the bracelet is very simple, its literally the colours I picked, put them together and then chained to the length I needed to fit my wrist (plus a little bit more so it would slide over my hand) and then joined them.

Thank you @outlander  I have quite a lot of wool left over when i have crocheted something so i'm going to give it a go, my daughter and her friends would liked it, its a good way to use the left over wool. Just one thing when you chain them do you put them all together say 4 different colours the same time and chain them on the one crocheted, I have heard that you can crochet different wools on the one hook, i am still in the learning stage, sorry have trouble with my memory to get things right.

Have a safe good day @CheerBear @Judi9877 @Gazza75 @Shaz51 @Angels333 @Former-Member 

@Maggie and happy crafting

hi @saturnzoon yep just put whichever colours you like onto the same hook. so for mine I have 3 colours and I hold the yarn and hook it the same way I would with just one piece of yarn so that the colours all blend together. . hopefully that makes sense...

Thank you @outlander It makes perfect sense, I will have a go with that and will post my first practice one

sounds good @saturnzoon hope it works out the way you want it to
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance