Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Well done for trying lots of things. That's really good work.

Even though you didn't get to see your pdoc, are you able to email them at all? Are they the ones that prescribed your medication?

I found that with one of my meds after two weeks I was getting really agitated, anxious, like I was climbing walls, etc. And I had to stop that medication because I was also become suicidal and reckless.

I think Zoe was asking you before is there anything in particular do you think has set this off? Is is anything to do with the recent incident? Or something else?

My pdoc doesnt usually respond to emails reception just says ill pass the msg on @Sans911 thr appt i have in a few weeks is the closest one they have and that is squeezing me in
Yes her and my gp (who isnt here now) agreed to go up thr dose. Im on the highest dose possible and may get another added in when i see pdoc next but who knows with her. Ive never had a reaction to this med so not sure.

I dont know what has triggerred this. Probably a mic of everything.

I am trying to stay here with you but my mind is saying to leave.it isnt making it very easy 😞

Stay here with me for now hun @outlander

There's safety in that for you as well. Let's not give any more attention to your thoughts or feelings for now. You now they are there, yes they're annoying and distressing but try to think of your thoughts as clouds floating by. So there's a thought on the cloud, acknowledge it, let it go on by. Then go to the next thought. And so on. Try to slow them down a little bit by breathing a little slower if you can. I understand that this might be a little difficult for you. But I'm going to do the same thing with you ok?.

Ok sis ill try to stay herr for a while. I will give the clouds thing ago too @Sans911

How's it going for you @outlander?

@Sans911 suggestion about not paying too much attention to negative thoughts is spot on. @outlander Watching them like clouds floating by can become a habit and help distance from the pain in the thought.  It might take a bit of practise, just observe them matter of factly, dont give them any fuel.

I know its hard for you and you prefer helping and being bright and cheerful, but its also brave to show the shadow sides.  

Heart

I am up late waiting to pick son up from the train.

Its more like a white blur. I cant get even shapes forming or words @Sans911 @Appleblossom

Dont worry about trying to control it @outlander If what you visualise is a blur or is white, thats fine. Just notice your breathe, feel the rise and fall of your chest and notice the feeling of air entering and leaving ... and then thoughts may do there thing, but gently .. let them go.

It is the sort of thing where if you try to hard it is harder.  Trust you and trust the process.

Heart

Would it help to change the visualisation to something else? Maybe wild Brumbies running past you and the thought is on their back?

Im trying real hard here with my creative juices @outlander

Even if you can't think of the word/thought, just notice it as it goes past. Don't get worried that you can't name. If the thoughts are that fast, Brumbies might be quite fitting?

Maybe another thing you could try, also without too much thinking involved is draw free hand. So don't think about what to draw, just whatever comes from your hand.

What do you think might be helpful of these?

I dont know @Sans911 im so tired but when i close my eyes its... not very nice but i dont know how much longer i can stay awake either...
I can try the brumbies,not really up for drawing tonight.

Thanks @Appleblossom my breathing is abit better atm so thats a start...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance