Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

They say I have a serious mental illness. Take no meds.

Super new to forums and this is certainly unfamiliar territory for me.

Diagnosed as a little off center in 2002 I've come across difficult and sensitive land mines in that experience but  equalily.... grown wings of resilience and strength that made me appreciate it and become a better more awesome human because of it.  .... without question.

Admitted into a facility.... on a double digit figure amount,..... today I don't hold much respect for Uni educated Psychiatrists. Personally speaking of course...... but Oh I am in awe of their ability to pronounce and spell medications on the market. Seriously impressed how they are able to point at a pill ... suited to ones mental weaknesses.... and be able to sell the idea without any question. It's a billion dollar industry after all. Some I know take 10 to 15 plus tablets a day. One takes over 30. For me..... that is ludicrous beyond measure. I take NONE myself. Nothing and I have .... they say.... a serious mental illness.

Please remember.... I'm speaking from personal experience only.

Myself..... I am on no medication at all because I've question their idea of my brain against theirs. I'm content mine is pretty good... not needing to be tweaked at all. ART

I do not take any medication what soever.... despite my history, the pressure placed on me to take it... the idea that others thought I needed it..... or that diagnosis for that matter.... ruled my brain for many years until.... ART.

I'm  lucky.. I found medication outside of that system I grew so discontented with. A gift, a skill, a confidence booster. ART. Art keeps me well. Reading keeps the stems of my brain strong.

Myself.... NEVER having been convicted or in trouble for fraud, robbery, violence, malicious or wilfuldamage, or any criminal matter in fact... neither having lost, had suspended, restricted my license.... ever.... AND UNDER THEIR DIAGNOSIS.

A diagnosis mean SHIT

3 REPLIES 3

Re: They say I have a serious mental illness. Take no meds.

It sounds as if you have an incredible story @Former-Member. 

I am also a little skeptical about aspects of the mh system.

Art helps me in lots of ways.  What kind of art do you practise?

@Appleblossom Too many remarkable yet untold stories out there for my liking 🙂 As for my art, I work primarily with ink pens and I average approximately 5-6hours a piece. Thank you so much for your interest.

@Former-Member pen work is very fine work.

Yes stories do need to be told, so that we can express ourselves, connect, learn and grow.

Its core to being human.

I am glad you are posting.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance