Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I actually awoke some time near 3,then I've been drifting on and off until, yes, Mr A started making some noise half hour later. It was really too early to feed him but I gave him about half his food. Otherwise I wouldn't here the end of it. It's just gone 4am here. I take sleeping tablets, but they are useless, and taste absolutely awful even the next day. I don't really sleep any betterwith them.

@Maggie 

For this time of the morning I'm OK thanks @CheerBear. But I'm not really a morning person like you both are. I operate best after about 11am.And I was always pretty good at night shift, but haven't done that for years (and won't any more).

I thought the same @CheerBear  school and work coinciding. 🤞🤞🤞🤞 it happens earlier, and you all have some adjustment time.

Shower was needed yesterday @CheerBear. I know it’s rough when that gets missed.

I sometimes know when I’m slipping, sometimes I just arrive in the darkness. The paralysis of its gets tricky. Mind and body stuff. I know I’ve come through before, but I do get sick of the constant rhythm of it. Thanks for listening and caring. 💚💚💚

I haven’t made the bigger round stones. I prefer the flatter also. It is the fun of it all. Plus a bonus when something turns out good and others like it too.

I have a stone in mind for today, so hoping to get some painting done. I might give the rosebush another dig. It’s roots are set in the Murray I think. 😩😩

@Sans911  I’ve tried sleeping meds, and found them useless also. I’m sorry you are struggling with lack of sleep, it does affect so much. Can you rest during the day.? It’s something I have learnt to do, more out of necessity than good management though.

Mr A is a naughty boy. My girl was under the doona with me, so she slept till around 4 am. She’s sleeping again now.

I imagine it's hard having early mornings whrn you're not a morning person @Sans911. I have learnt to become one thanks to my insomnia. If I fought it I'd struggle. Now it's just part of who I am and how I roll. I like the stillness and the time to get my head around the day ahead. And the coffee with friends ❤ My ridiculous o'clock mornings used to feel much more lonely. I hope you can have some rest or peace in your day.

@Maggie I hear you with being sick of the rhythm of it all. It helps to know you can get through it but it's tiring and gets old to have to 🙁

I just put some gesso on my fresh stone and hope to play today too, maybe once school finishes and the house is tidy again (that never ends!).

Are you taking out the rosebush for good or moving it somewhere else? Hopefully the ground is soft today.

I've spent much of the weekend sleeping @Maggie!! Some days though I can't catch up on sleep and it totally messes with me.

Mr A is fast asleep now in his bed. I'll likely go back to sleep in a little while.

I hoped to take the rosebush out @CheerBear . It’s another climber. Someone had a thing for climbing things here. The ground is nice and soft, it just has a hold on the earth below, waaaaaay below.

I really hope you find time to play today. It’s good for the mind and helps the darkness. ( for me anyway).

Morning @Former-Member

I see you in the background hun. No need to respond if you don't want to.

@Sans911  I’ve never been an evening person. My mind just doesn’t operate well after a certain time. Night duty for me when nursing was a nightmare. We all have different click settings, but out of whack, gets tricky.

Hopefully more sleep today. 💙💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sans911 @Maggie @CheerBear 

👀👂💕🍁🌺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance