Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Lots of kindness around @Maggie. It's very worth looking for it and holding on to it ๐Ÿ˜Š We didn't get to chalk yesterday. It arrived during the evening right in the middle of us baking and making huge mess in the kitchen. We have a metal security screen door. Friend and Middle were blowing kisses and hugs through it. Bonkers.

Psych just messaged me with appt for tomorrow morning. What's a public holiday when we're all home anyway I guess?! No wonder it is becoming difficult to remember what day it is!

So, soooo glad you have some freedom. You fought hard for it ๐Ÿ’ชโค

Vacuum cleaner is a bit exciting, even if you don't want to use it haha. Another excuse - they smell and look nicer when they're not used. Might be worth keeping it that way once it gets here, for a while at least ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜†

I better go on a kitchen hunt so it's tidy before I try and tidy some more once I get back from the shop :face_with_rolling_eyes:. We've done so much baking and with that comes so many dishes. I hate the kitchen Maggie. I fail at kitchen-ing. Baking is not fun for me. I know you get that one.

Super nice to spend the morning with you again. You're a great friend โค

My in-transit order arrived @Maggie so double the chalk today ๐ŸŽ‰ I was trying to upload a photo but it's not working today. 48 different colours. So beautiful โค๐ŸŒˆ Also a pretty stunning weather day here. Not hot. Not cold. Clear, blue skies. So nice.

Shops weren't too busy ๐Ÿ™ We have plenty of fresh stuff again and the kids now have a big tub each to store things in to free up some desk space (hopefully). Much better day today ๐Ÿ™‚

How's your day going?

Hi @TheVorticon, @eth and anyone passing by ๐Ÿ‘‹

Hi @Maggie @CheerBear ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm really tired today. I had a stuff-up to do with my psych yesterday (which Maggie saw me post about in my messy attachment drama thread, thanks for reading it Maggie) and took a few hours to get it out of my mind to get to sleep, then woke up earlier too.

I have my psych session in a couple of hours and need to decide what parts of the stuff-up to mention. I really would just like a nap but I have another hour of work to do. ๐Ÿ˜•

Cool about the double chalk @CheerBear ๐Ÿ™‚ When I visited my parents over the Christmas holidays I went looking for my old chalk supply to give to some kids for footpath drawing but only found small white chalks, not the good sturdy big ones. From memory it was more annoying than fun for me as a kid to draw on the footpath or road with little, constantly breaking chalk pieces. Do your crew like the big chalks? 

๐Ÿ™ @TheVorticon. That sucks a lot with your psych. It's so hard to get stuff out of your head once it's big. I imagine the tiredness isn't helping either.

Little chalk would probably send me into a bit rage ๐Ÿ˜† I definitely don't have the patience for that! The big chalk are the best and wr all enjoy them. They're rectangular so they don't roll and are the brightest colours. Plus they don't snap (often). We have a wide, long driveway so it's perfect for chalking ๐Ÿ™‚

I really hope your psych session goes as OK as it can. Hearing you with how tricky it is with him. Listening if/when you'd like to share (even if it takes me a while to see your posts over โฌ‡๏ธ

@CheerBear  Wow for the chalk. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ If the weather holds over the weekend, it might be a small conversation feel to what Easter normally is.

Weather is the same here, absolutely beautiful.

Iโ€™m surprised the shops were quiet ish. Fresh stuff would be really good. I like the sound of your storage tubs. I spent most of this morning tidying my paints. They stretch into every room. Bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and lounge. I put some resin on stones and other stuff Iโ€™ve painted. Once itโ€™s dry, I can pack it, waiting for the fundraiser. Then some cross stitch. I didnโ€™t make it to the tree freeing today.

Counsellor rang. Sheโ€™s coming in the morning. A very pleasant surprise. She has no faith beliefs, so itโ€™s just another day. 

Iโ€™m guessing you might be preparing dinner. I hope itโ€™s not too stressful in the kitchen. 

I hope tonight is a good one. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

@TheVorticon  Iโ€™m guessing your psych appointment might be over now. I hope some pressure has eased for you. Itโ€™s tricky. I know I really struggle to talk face to face. Iโ€™m only ok with my counsellor, but itโ€™s taken a long time. She has patience. 

I hope you manage some  sleep tonight. Sending ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

thinking of you @Maggie @CheerBear @TheVorticon ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก

I too hope it's been OK enough with your psych @TheVorticon. All ears (eyes) if you feel up to sharing.

Hugs @outlander. How are you going with things? It's a tough time of the year as it is for you โค

@Maggieso glad counsellor is coming! Great stuff ๐Ÿ‘ Just another day for my psych too by the sound of it. I guess working from home with no family at home would make it just another day for many really. Wonder if we'll be seeing them at the same time ๐Ÿค”

Hope you're enjoying the feeling of tidied paints. Resin is so fun! And cross stitch ๐Ÿ˜ Sounds like lots of colour in your day ๐ŸŒˆ We're definitely going to be chalking this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒˆ

Hope you have some peace in your night โค

(I became a chicken and decided to edit ๐Ÿฅ)

Smiling at the editing chicken @CheerBear . ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

Fur baby has been racing up and down the bed since 2am. She hasnโ€™t yet adjusted to daylight saving. ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ Sheโ€™s had brekky now and is sleeping.

A chalk weekend sounds super fun. I hope the weather stays as it is.๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–

Yea to psych and counsellor.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Mine is coming 10 am. I have some chocolate frogs, so we will have that with our coffee.

Dropping off a coffee for when you wake up. โฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

@outlander @TheVorticon @eth  ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹โ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance