Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Social anxiety

I went to a big party last night as I looked around the reception I had to get out I had an attack and I needed to be hugged by my bf to calm down after the attack was over I went back inside and I had some food then I was still overwhelmed so many people my bf suggested I go and dance with him I'll feel better as soon as I started dancing my face and eyes lit up like a Christmas tree I danced all night til my feet hurt and I didn't stop having fun I was sweaty after at least 5 hours of moving my body all my axienty vanished today I still wanna die
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Social anxiety

Hi @Evie1
I think you did very well managing to go to the party and even though you had an anxiety attack you still managed to calm down and concentrate on the dancing which made you feel better. I have social anxiety also and know how overwhelming parties are (which is why i tend to avoid them.)

@Evie1 Maybe you could look up some 'grounding' or mindfulness excercises to help you if you feel like this again? Do you have a psychologist or someone to talk to about it?

Yes I do I feel suicidel

Sorry to hear that @Evie1 Is there someone you can talk to now?
Maybe ring Lifeline: 13 11 14 or 000 if in immediate danger.
Could you do something to distract your mind? Take a bath, watch a funny show, colouring in, bake a cake, play a game, or anything else you could think of? 
Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Evie1

I'm Arie one of the moderators on the forums. It sounds like your going through a tough time. I would encourage you to keep reaching out for support on the forums. May i ask are you safe tonight? Do you have someone with you to talk to?

Sometimes it can feel better to talk to people, if you are feeling that you need support now i reiterate what @STORMGRL101 has suggetsed by calling Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat or 000 if you need. 

This community is a great group of people you can reach out to at times like this, but if your urges escalate, please contact one of the above services.

I'll thinking of both suicide and self harm

I would really encourage you to ring someone @Evie1
Personally I have found Beyond Blue to be helpful in the past. 1300 22 4636 
Or Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467

Here for you Heart Keep talking if you wish, and I will listen. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Evie1 i have just sent through an email - please stay  safe

It's not easy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance