Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Im broken now cant do this any more

@Determined
Thanks

@greenpea

Hi sorry i had to shut down for a couple fo days for sanity reason I think and because I was so sad.  Feeling a little better now.  I suggested he do some tiling in his home after he damaged it and he did get into it straight away, this was pleasing.  I just wonder how to get the professionals to help, becasue if I wait for him to ask for help I afraid it will never happen.  He got help a yr ago with alot of pushing from me.  Im not sure the help he got was what he needed though as the medication was way to strong for him made him sit like a zombie incapable of doing anything all but if you know what i mean.  

I think because he is a heavy smoker if this could be cut down alot and if he had hobbies and outlets and friends this would help heaps.  He has lost alot of weight in a very short amount of time (10kg) 2mths approx.  This is another concern.  Just dont want another sickness to be looming as he says he is just not hungry, ive tried taking meals down or cooking for him while there.  I think if he was in a detox program for several mths he would come out near normal again whats normal !!

Thank you for your ear.  Sorry everyone for shutting down thank you all for listening hope I make some kind of sense !!

@Time Hi Time it is almost like they have to totally come crashing down the rabbit hole before they get the help they need. My son doesn't take drugs .... I can only imagine how disappointing and saddening it is to watch your son go down that path. If you could convince him to go into detox that sounds like a good idea but of course it would have to come from him.

Btw we all need time out from the boards when times are rough no need to apologise. I am just here listening. We all care. greanpea xxx

I understand @Time - it's really hard to get professionals to act when the person concerned is an adult - which begs the question "what are we supposed to do about this?"

This is where both these forums are so wonderful - we support each other - and we are here for each other - and in the darkest of times there is usually someone about to do this

I was unable to get help for my son but things have changed a lot since then - there is support for younger people and of course people with drug addiction and there are other people here needing support with their children - it is really hard to get people to hear though - somehow people need to get their child/young adult to seek help themselves

And I know - sometimes this can only happen when our kids reach a stage when they see they need the help themselves

If you type "Tough Love" or "Families Anonymous" into your browser you will find site that cover these topics and have groups that support families of people with substance abuse problems - I found Tough Love invaluable when going though troubles with my son - the people there really do understand

Many people here do too - and most of all we support each other

Keep writing here - many people care - 

I wish you the best

Dec

You are not alone. I quite often feel this way when my husband loses control. Verbally it is very distressing...especially when you get told that he never wanted to marry you and never asked. PAINFUL 😖

Re: sorry had to shut down

I’m truly sorry that you are going through this. I deal with the same issues daily but it is my husband.
I totally understand where you are coming from and I am here if you want to talk. Take care 💐

Hi @greenpea i havent heard how my son is my only worry is im hoping the professionals dont give him meds to zombie him out. My thoughts are I think he needs desperately to talk about whatever his pain is thats causes him to want to take majunna this drug blocks your pain. So whatever his prob is i hope they can convince him to talk. My son is a closed book. A sad 1 at that. Im feeling alot better these days i only hope he can find happiness time

Hello @Time, how are you today my friend Heart

Hello @Nay69, so good to see you here xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance