Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Agitated and mixed up what the heck?

@Everan  Thanks Everan I did philosophy at uni and love this kind of stuff :). It does my head in but I still love it 

@greenpea

Yep it's a bit deep 

Good on you for studying philosophy.

I'm glad you like it 🙂

It took a lot of planning, yucky anxious feelings and trying desperately to wear a mask, but I left the house and went to college today. I was still hearing voices telling some pretty awful stuff but after six hours I finished an assignment and got 100%. Generally the same assignment takes only a couple of hours. I kept losing focus. I see my process Thursday and tomorrow evening I see my psychologist. I am thankful for that. I also can talk to someone from arafmi also in the meantime.

Right now I feel jittery but euphoric... it’s difficult to explain. I dyed my hair and cut it to look completely different. I feel safer after this. 

I also feel sick in the tummy but am sure it’s anxiety.

I’m here if you need somebody, what a hard time for you.

Hello friends, 

I went to my psychiatrist appointment today. He questioned me about my quite different appearance and I was honest and he wrote a lot of things down. The bad news is he thinks I’ll never completely be voice free, that I will likely have them forever . He said it is quite obvious that I am treatment resistant so I guess that is that. The good news was that he didn’t think that a stay in hospital was necessary because I am not a danger to anyone or myself. 

I also found out that my favourite mental health nurse has cancer and isn’t very well. This saddens me because she is genuinely a nice person. She also has MS so she has a lot on her plate.

still feeling jittery and anxious but I gotta think myself out of this. After all my brain got me into this mess in the first place didn’t it?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance