Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

indeed @TAB
It's more about my own life that's getting me down. Crap atm.

thanks though @TAB

I think I understand @MDT  I was just trying to say they weren't trying to make you uncomfortable if that helps

things not brilliant here either @MDT  people keep telling me I have jobs then well ..nothing, despite followups, need to go out for food today, not wanting to spend the money. Anyway, I did it all myself, if I'd managed to get to those last 2 jobs I'd be sort of comfortable. But, @#$t  somethings gotta give soon lol

Hey @MDT , @TAB 

Hamsolo I have done a lot of that kind of answering qtns being unemployed for 7 years. Sometimes I give broad, vague answers, sometimes I tell white lies just to smooth things over. I never mention: I'M MENTALLY UNWELL, GO AWAY!!

"I'm weighing up my options, taking some time out to reflect...I'm starting a volunteer position next week so looking forward to that.. I'm interested in considering a different career direction in [insert area of interest]...I'm putting some feelers out...I'm keeping busy, keen to spend some more time with family"

These are all perfectly acceptable socially and even better, true! and change the topic quickly to them, "so how about you?"

It's good you went to the gym, you gotta look after your body. I did a short workout this morning & didn't get the endorphines but just happy with myself for doing it rather than missing another day of exercise. Ya know?

Would like to comment on previous posts but rushing due to pdoc appointment in 20 minutes. Hope you’re all ok for the most part. Why do I bother with swing the doctor if it’s a talkfest & nothing changes. Scared that I’ll always  feel disorganised in head & in reality. Medication can only do so much so why am I spending money? Can anyone help me see the point of regular psychiatrist appointments please? Thanks 

yep I know exactly what you mean about getting it in there @BryanaCamp

Better than not doing it right?

and yeh I feel average but I'm kinda distracting myself now by listening to music and emailing someone about stuff i can do.

music does help for sure

let me know how your appointment goes @Sam3

good post @BryanaCamp  or not much work around atm etc etc understand re just getting it done as stop loss to missing it Hope you have a good day

@MDT  It does seem like you have had a crappy day but most of that is expectations you are placing on yourself and not ones coming from external sources. It is really hard when we get into that negative mindset to get out of it. Distracting is good if it helps us get over some of those feelings. You are a very worthwhile, intellegent and caring individual and I know it is hard to see that when you are feeling down - but we all see it here. Go easy on yourself buddy - we are our harshest critics!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance