Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined, while it's a badly overused word, there's a lot to be said for closure. Even though today will not by any means be the last of it, saying goodbye alongside caring friends and family is one of the important bits. I hope there will be lots of little bits of encouragement to remember from today.
Our minister asked us on Sunday what we would say peace is. My answer was that it's like the eye of the storm. We can't stop struggles and strife from happening to us and around us, but we can know that there's a safe place to go to in the middle of it.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thank you @Smc . I like the analogy of peace. It is quite accurate. 

I had a discussion with Mum inlaws sister a couple of nights ago about closure. This is something I have struggled with with my dad who we lost almost 14 years ago. I think it is important to have a resting place and final goodbye for closure even with the promise and comfort that our faith brings. Even though it was hard watching our boys today I think it was important fornthem to have that moment. And for all the family. 

We all had some amazing support today from family friends and church family. Particularly some young adults and youth leaders from our church who came particularly to be with our boys in their time of grief. Something I think our boys will never forget. 

Darling has held up well even with being anxious with having so many people in our home for the after time of fellowship. We estimate 60+ people were here.

She has mentioned that she would love to be able to cry out her feelings but can't. The fact she cant cry is bothering her. I wonder if this has anything to do with her meds?  All I can do is hold her close and remind her I care and am here. She also has lots of other support around her which is comforting for me.

Going to try and get some sleep now. It has been a couple of weeks since I had a decent rested sleep. Thankyou all for your thoughts. 

@Determined , I've only just read what happened. Thinking of you and your family and hope you are all as ok as possible at the moment xx

I am most grateful that Darling continues to do well at the moment and much better than anticipated leading up to her mums passing. There are bound to be some rough days ahead but I am so proud of her at the moment. This time of year is always a trial for her at the best of times with back to school and me back to work and uni so most grateful for current outlook.

Heart  Thinking of you all @Determined .

This week markes 12 months since darlings  last self harm / attempt and visit to ED, something I still remember like it was yesterday. While it has been far from smooth sailing I am most grateful that she has remained safe during this time.

There was a time when I wondered if we would make it through intact and feared I would loose my wife and our children would be without their mum so this is a big milestone for us. 

While I still struggle with accepting some of the effects of treatment while Darling was in hospital I am grateful that despite her  best intentions and efforts we do not have to deal with any physical ailments or consequences from her attempts. Most visible evidence has healed over time. My heart really goes out to all who have to contend with such things as a reminder to what has gone before. 

I just wanted to acknowledge a positive milestone as an encouragement to others as there was a time when I.questioned if we would ever be close to where we are now. 

Thankyou @Smc  

+ @Janiee  @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope 

You give me hope @Determined . Praying that others can reach these milestones too. Thinking of you all x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance