Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Praying for you and your family @Janiee and @Smc   that you and your loved ones  can reach milestones like this. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thank you @Former-Member 

Darling quite low at the moment but despite this managing much better than she has in the past. She came to visit me at work for a coffee today when she was feeling lonely 😍

While managing at the moment in many ways I am struggling to keep it together. Hoping getting back into some routine with work and Uni and something positive and time sensitive to focus on with will help me to rise above the negativity I am feeling. 

Sending positive thoughts your way @Determined 

Trust you can find a place for grieving @Determined 

Sort of @Former-Member 

I'm not really sure I know how or what that means though if that makes sense.

I have definatly had a good cry but it all seems so unreal at the moment. Almost a state of denial? Feeling confused.

When I lost my Dad I buried myself in work and was focused on mum and  darling both in crisis and a baby who would  not sleep so was easy to ignore the situation. This time with mum inlaw I have had ample opportunity but dont know how to progress or even if I have.  I have an unrelated app with gp next week where I plan to ask about it. Perhaps.get a referral to talk to someone about it. 

Also need to find an opportunity to encourage darling to talk to someone. If she is ready for that or thinks she needs it. (She does have the support of a genuine friend who has also lost a mum so that may be enough )

There are also feelings of guilt around feeling so miserable when I feel I need to be strong and support darling and children. 

All the more reason to look after me so I can be strong and support darling and the children and dad in law. 

Sorry about the long winded response.

It came as a bit of a gush as it is something I have been dwelling on. 

1/2 hour into the first class for the semester this morning and I got the standard 'I am so depressed I cant do this' text. 

Thankfully my mum and sister were due to arrive so was able to focus on class. I did call during a break to say thinkig of you and you are doing great (and she is relatively) which seemed to help. Just knowing I had not forgotten she was there just because I was something for me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance