Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Very lazy day today @Former-Member, have enjoyed spending it with S3.  Far to hot to be outdoors at the moment.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

sure is @Determined Heart

sooo hot here too , having the afternoon off

Had a councilling appointment yesterday where I was able to talk through some current and future events and upcoming discussions with children. She thinks I am doing great. Wish I shared her confidence. While was good to be able to talk through thoughts and plans it was not a beneficial as I had hoped. Not that I know what I was expecting or hoping to get out of it... was hoping for a bit of direction in that regard.  I do need to address some things I have been avoiding though sooner rather than later. 

She did also highlight that in many ways I am doing better than I feel I am, particularly using this time last year as a reference point. 

@Determined

Sometimes something happens and we do realise that even though we are aware of improvements that could be made, we realise that we are managing a lot better than before.  

@Former-Member my biggest fear is my ability to hold it together in the event of another crisis when I feel as though I am hanging on by a thread in (relativity speaking) calm waters.

Councillor pointed out I was catastrophesing and some of my concerns may not eventuate. 

Fair comment but I feel I need to hope for the best but prepare for the worst case scenario.

My biggest area of growth is that I am now more accepting of practicle help and more likley to ask for help as I know I can't do it alone. Before I felt that 'giving up' and letting others help was a failure on my part.  Having said that itnisnstill not easy to accept that I cant do it myself. 

Is your dog ok?

@Former-Member  He will be fine

Had picked up some sort of infection in his skin and was chewing himself. Looks a bit odd after a haircut but he will be fine.

Aparently there had been 3 other dogs in on the same morning with the same complaint. 

20181128_173055.jpg

We are hoping that the hair will grow back where he has chewed the skin off.

We had the bucket on and were cleaning it and putting some ointment on it when it was about the size of a 50c piece but he managed to get the bucket off overnight and mad a real mess of it. 

Starting to clear up already and he has been realy dopey with the meds he is on so less likely to bite at it. 

Poor fella. Hope he heals quickly.

Lol @Smc

It is funny watching him navigate obstacles, compounded by his state of sedation. 

It saved one of mums stupid chooks this ave that walked up onto the varanda. If he had not got himself tangled in furniture the  chook would have been dinner. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance