Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Life after hospital

I find doing this also lets you know if you've over stretched yourself. I don't know your financial needs, but it might be that the second job will have to drop some hours or drop off altogether.
The most important thing to remember is that you're the central figure in the schedule. If you're tired, stressed, over worked etc you won't be able to give your tasks your full potential, and that sometimes things need to slide.
Some afternoons I throw in the towel , go home, eat ice cream and watch tv.
Oh and I also like to set alarms on my phone to tell me when to switch tasks, go to bed, take my meds etc.
You could set an alarm and tell your family it's your private time for an hour and not to bother you?

@Former-Member

i am abit strapped fro cash at the moment which is why ive taken up this second job. its only 10 hrs extra a week. and that helps me get by. im trying to save as well because ive got my car to upkeep as well.

my family dont ever leave me alone execpt through the day and thats becasue they are at school that also the time i get my second job done as well. if i didnt have to watch the kids everyday esp after school for most of the arvo then thats the time i would use to do something i want to do.

the sad thing is though i dont have a life woutside work and the kids- OMG i sound like a mother! but sadly its true.

i set my alarm to wake up, and take my medications but thats about it. i generally just wing it and get what i can do done in between appointments, with the sturcture i try to follow above.

as of monday im going to try and do a weeks schedule- as you ahve suggested but write down what im actually doing during those times. then maybe ill be able to get a clearer picture on what im actually doing and what im sticking to through the day......

Former-Member
Not applicable

That sounds like a great idea @outlander !

It might also help to tally up how much time you're spending on work, study, yourself and doing things for others. One might be taking up a disproportionate amount of time and impacting your life. 

Let me know how it's all going at the end of the week! 

This is the 1st week of uni and I've got to re-do my schedule as it's a little insane with the amount of study I'm supposedly doing so I'll let you know how I go too. 

@Former-Member

yeah thats a good idea @Former-Member im going to do that

i know exactly which one is going to be very out of proportion compoared to everything else and you can probably tell that too.

wow uni- what are you studying?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance