Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Zoe7
Community Guide

Lean On Me...

We all, on occasions, need someone to lean on when times are tough. For some there is a particular thread that we each 'go to' for just such support - but for others, there is nowhere 'in particular' that one can reach out and say "I am not ok and it would really help if I had someone to lean on at this time".

So this thread is for anyone that has trouble 'reaching out', asking for help, or does not have a specific place to go to be supported when 'life' is tough.

Often when times are really tough there are no words to accurately describe how we are feeling and we do not feel able to ask for support when we are unsure of ourselves - so here there is no need for explanations, no need to say anymore than one can, and no need to enter into a 'conversation' (unless one wants to) - simply posting here is enough for others to know you need support. 

... and just knowing there are people around that 'hear' us is often enough. 

@Faith-and-Hope this one is for you Hon Heart...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81We8X91VtQ

10 REPLIES 10
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Lean On Me...

@Zoe7what a lovely idea. So many people have trouble 'reaching out' for help. Maybe because the are afraid, embarassed or do not know where to go. I find that giving support at times is just as therapeutic as receiving support. At times, just knowing someone is there to listen to you, is so beneficial.

Great thead @Zoe7💖💜

@Former-Member I think we sometimes forget that those who provide the most support to us also need some in return @Faith-and-Hope and @Shaz51 are two that come to mind (from my experience) straight away - they are always there showing how much they care and expect nothing in return - true giving souls that make this world a better place by just being themselves Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Could not have said that better myself @Zoe7, totally agree with you. Heart

Awww ..... I'm leaky now, that's for sure ..... ❣️

You are not going to believe this @Faith-and-Hope - just as I was reading you are 'leaky' an ad for a plumber came on tv Smiley LOL - is that the universe laughing with us or at us - mmmm not sure lol

Not sure either @Zoe7 ......

Still spinning here ......

Love that you have opened this thread ..... and thank you so much for all the beautiful images. They are a real panacea ......

WH spoke up today about me "airing our dirty linen in the public arena" ..... so he might well be alluding to knowing about me being on the forums. I haven't asked or responded directly, but I am sure it will come up if that is what it is. He may be referring to me speaking with my group of family and friends, but I don't think so. Have to wait and see where that goes.

awwwwwwww @Zoe7 HeartHeart

I am speechless

A really quick fly-by on the way to couch island @Faith-and-Hope - just a thought - maybe WH is alluding to the counselling sessions as I suspect he is seeing them as an invasion of his privacy and a threat to his 'control' over everyone! That statement to me seems to be a more generalised statement about where 'things' are heading for you all and as he is unable to 'see' his role and function in this then he has to afford blame somewhere - and that is his way of deflecting from himself yet again.

Stay strong Hon - whatever way this goes - you know you have our support and WE hold you in the highest regard - a genuinely caring soul who leaves a visible glow wherever she 'treads' Heart

Now I really do need to rest lol 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance