Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Hi @TAB @greenpea @Former-Member @Last-Lament @LostAngel @Shaz51 @saltandpepper @outlander @BPDSurvivor @roses @Faith-and-Hope @HappyCastle @Daisydreamer @pipinya @frog @Sans911 and forumites here. I hope you had some great achievements today no matter how big or small!

Today, I achieved the following things:

- Looked at 2 Tafe courses in mental health and ndis training

- Had Thai for dinner by eating at a local restaurant 

- Worked on a knitted beanie and finished it

- Had a nice relaxing shower

Overall, a pretty impressive day!

Judi9877😎

hi @Judi9877 well I sent off docs as part of application for Cert IV TAE

um.. sort of smoothed things over re illness and potential employer

Stopped myself getting food delivery lol

got confused/confusing appointment mix up sorted out ..

..ate lots of vegetables .. Cat Happy

Thank you @Former-Member for your kind comments and @Judi9877   @TAB   @greenpea   @Clawde  @Appleblossom  @LostAngel  for your support ticks. (I finally discovered how you find that out Smiley LOL)

It's been a long, long road to this point @Former-Member , It's a long, convoluted story of manipulation, deception and prejudice involving 4 generations. There's stuff I cannot write as it would identify me, but it's been like a B-grade movie - you couldn't make this stuff up! 

In recent months Ive realised how my mother was caught up in the manipulations and power games of others, and how her depression and anxiety would have lead her to do some of the things she did to me, potentially out of her own fears for what would happen to me. With no education to speak of, poor treatment from her own mother, and loving but absent father due to wartime, and the experiences of those years of hardship, she developed her own coping mechanisms. 

I realised she might not have been deliberately trying to hurt me, some things might have been done from a misguided attempt at helping and protecting me from dangers she knew from her own experiences existed in the world. 

I need to forgive myself for not being a better person, for not being able to do differently, or better than I did, and part of doing that is seeing my mother in a different light and forgiving her for not being able to be the person I needed her to be too. We've lost a lot because of others getting in the way. And, I don't want to come back and do this again, if that is how this stuff works. Smiley Sad

Today I:

Vacuumed with the noisy thing.

Shopped online groceries.

Rested through pain instead of pushing on regardless.

Made bread in bread machine.

Chinese Prawn Omelette for dinner. Simple and yummy and comforting.

Washed up.

Walked to mailbox.

Watered garden.

Battled stupid email program til it worked properly. 

Am eyeing my crochet project and deciding between it and watching a movie - think the movie will win 'cos of shoulder pain. 

Hope everyone is having the best day they can. Heart

@ Everyone 

The letterbox can be a biggie @Last-Lament it can be like oh someone will see me , well for me anyway.

"Waves to @TAB "

I agree, TAB sometimes I'm sure I'm the last person left in the world, it's can be so eerie here sometimes. Smiley Wink  No one talks, sometimes some passersby wave back to me. 

I'd like to walk further, but a couple of the neighbours are too scary to risk it, sadly.

So far my achieves are I:

Woke up

Got up

Ate toast and vegemite with tea.

Paid water bill by electronic transfer.

Read some news stuff.

Having a shower and washing hair before shopping delivery arrives.

Hope @everyone is doing okay. Heart 

Umm sometimes no content is better? @Last-Lament . I have changed walking routes in past due being accosted at 5am getting told 'if had no respect would hit you' ok that is rare but scary
Paid a bill, got newspapers collected mail , did food shop. So thats me lol

@Clawde Hi 👋😸

Great @Last-Lament 

Heart

1. physio

2. dinner

3. setting up connections and possibilities for community ... irl.

Hi there @Appleblossom @TAB @Last-Lament @greenpea @Former-Member @Clawde and everyone passing through. Great to see those achievements coming along. Well done everyone👏

Yesterday (Friday) my achievements were:

- Caught up with plenty of lost sleep 

- Looked at Facebook 

- Had 3 meals

- Spoke to my sister

- Checked AFL result (Richmond won over the Western Bulldogs)

- Knitted some more of a blue beanie for charity

Judi9877😎🌸

Hi Tab struggle here todo too much

plan to and buy some lotto tickets

and have breakfast out at a local cafe

play and feed with my pets 

and watch Netflix with them would like to watch a movie called the art of racing in the rain it's a bout a dog that spends his life with a race car driver sad sad sad feel like a cry today 

love from Clawde

do you know many dog movies 

Clawde

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance