Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Hevanly
New Contributor

Sense of loss

Hi, 

I’m unsure where to start as I’m someone who’s only recently been open to discussing my mental health and feeling like I need to try something new due to past experiences. 

I’ve always struggled majorly with my mental health and found when I had my children. After every birth it rapidly declined. I’ve started counseling again, going to Mum and Bub groups and started slowly and gradually doing things with my older two, to try and keep positive and active and make myself bond better with my kids. But I can’t help the feeling of sadness and loneliness like I’ve lost myself in the process and I know many a people feel this way. My meds have gone up in mg to try and boost my serotonin levels but it’s just not helping. I was wondering what others have done to help make their mood swings and depression subside to a happy point and not have that feeling of just wanting things to end it all the time. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sense of loss

Hi @Hevanly 

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I know the feeling well after having this with one of my children. Mine did improve as my hormones have so much to do with my mental health. I have four children and they are all grown up now. My youngest is 19. For me, a lot of what helped was trying to take each day as it comes and looking for beauty and goodness in each day. Just in a moment or a view on my walk or reading beautiful words. I like to draw and that helped a lot. I think another key thing is finding time for YOU and spending just a little time on doing something nice for yourself or something you enjoy. Do you enjoy walking or going out with the children? I used to love taking my kids to the library. It was always nice and cool and calm and we could do some activities and read. And I could always catch 15 minutes to have a bit of a read of a book! 

Keep reaching out

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance