Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Contributor

Isolation / connection

Hi 👋 

Can someone please help me find a resource to have some daily support?

I have heard there's a service that can call and check in on you ,but I'm not sure where to register. 

My mum used to send me daily texts ,and since she's passed I miss that anchor. 

Is there a section of sane where people just update each other on how they're doing/ recovering?

I'm also joining fbook groups ,trying to get started.

Any advice would help, I've been living in isolation for years, and I just want uplifting chats.

I get bored ,and don't have much money for hobbies, so I have so much time on my hands. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Isolation / connection

Hey @212 

Thanks for posting here on the Forums and great to have you as part of the community!

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has passed and you lost that anchor in your life. It can be a big change when we lose someone who cares for us and plays such a big part in our lives.

The Forums are a great place to meet people and create connections in the community. There are lots of threads to post in and there is a really good post that lists some of them. Looking for a space to connect with others? Find a... - SANE Forums

You can tag someone in your posts by adding a @ symbol before their username!

Great to have you here!!

Take care

RiverSeal

Welcome @212  My condolences at the loss of your mum. It sounds like she was very supportive. What sort of things do you like to fill your day with? I spend a lot of time on my own also and like to read, walk, garden, swim at the beach and practice meditation to settle my mind. 

Thanks @Krishna or responding ‌🙂

It sounds like you have a great sense of self . I'm relearning what I enjoy at the moment. I love journalling my thoughts and sketch ideas...

I've started to collect some beads and string, and I'm looking forward to that . It's something I used to love.

I just found a monk on you tube who explained meditation in a way I finally understood this week.

Did it take a while for you to notice benefits from it? Did it come easily to you ? I think it's something I should really practice ‌🤔‌ 

Hey @212 ,

Great to hear about some of your interests! It's so great to see people finding journalling helpful for them. I can't say it's something that works for me, but I'm keen to hear more about how you journal. e.g. is it a brain dump? Is it an emotion dump? 

As for responding to @Krishna , if you want them to get a notification of your response, you can type "@" in front of their name like this @Krishna . That way, they won't miss your post!

See you around!

Thanks@tyme.

I think I'm getting the hang of it..

Yea, my journal is definitely a brain dump. It's also to record this processing I'm doing in other ways, writing down details of this special time in my life to look back on later. I've never really used a journal in that way. 

It's also a tool for making gratitude li

sts which lifts my mood.

I sometimes have to pull myself away from it  and remember the rest of the world though 😆 

Oooo! You've just given me a good idea! Gratitude! I was always told that an attitude of gratitude means there's no room for depressive thoughts. That's what my psych said. 

I'm heading over to GRATITUDE . Come join me @212 ! I find it so helpful posting in that thread.

@tyme , I just went on a gratitude rampage on there!! Love it. I forgot to mention you there, unfortunately. Will Krishna still see my response or should I try going back into the message?

Hey @212 , I have tagged @Krishna  in the post below so I'm sure they will go back to read your lovely post 🙂

I'm so glad to see you post in the Gratitude thread. Your post was so heartfelt. 

Hi @212 

I'm sorry about your mum. Super sad time for you. Is it the Red Cross you're thinking of? I know a lady they called each day and she really got a lot our of it. 

Warmest regards

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance