Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Care for Carers // Tues 20th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hal1. Did I already mention the Family Connections program run by Helping Minds for carers of BPD loves ones. It was excellent.

That's a big step @znp and glad to hear that you have been able to build that relationship with your son. It takes a strong person to do what you did for him, and I am so glad to hear it has been a positive step for you both

Another resource I’ve found more recently which helps me target areas for self care is this article on different kinds of rest. If I’m feeling fatigued or am prone to fatigue in a particular area/s, that’s what I try to focus my self care practice on.

I absolutely love that @Shaz51! The Wellbeing Domains are such a great holistic way to think about self care and the things we do to look after ourselves. 

I also found this which speaks to the emotional wellbeing part of the circle, and it's called the emotion wheel. One part of self care I have found is being able to acknowledge and name emotions, I'll share it here: IMG_6829.JPG

Thank you. I have registered with them. Hopefully I will get into it.

EXCELLENT! Thanks for this!

Thanks. The alcohol was masking my own issues - I am glad they are now apparent and I can deal with them in a mindful and less harmful way.

@znp  Congratulations that is a big move, your love for your son absolutely shines through, much respect for you my friend, so glad it is having such a positive effect in both your lives. 

BB🐰💙

thanks, so much. all my jittery feeling has gone just participating today. there are a lot of wonderful people here.

Hi ShazNo im new and this is my first time accesing and contributing successfuly lolNice to meet you and thank you for your hard work and input in helping others
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance