Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I'm sorry...

@WinterSun
Carers Australia might be able to provide you with some support for yourself. It is a tough road caring for someone with MI.

Hi @patientpatient

Yes we have been giving meds to ensure they are not missed and possibly I guess they could be making him sleepy. 

Pdr seems only interested in adding more meds will be up to 5?!?!?! if blood test not showing good level of current mood stabiliser. This concerns me as no meds have been removed yet.

His gp has been away but will be going for appt as seems pointless to me that he should be trying for jobs, which he is getting, but not able to carry through. Gp has given short term medical certificate previously. Centrelink said if another was submitted then he would need to see their dr. That will be interesting because as we know they can present themselves incredibly well to professionals and other family making us seem like we are the crazy ones making things up.

Hi @Former-Member

We are waiting on pdr to advise about blood test. If he is not called in earlier there is an appt next week.

I understand this takes time. A lot of time. It's better to keep patient in their enviroment but the stress and pressure and loss of the person you knew makes it an agony to deal with. As you all know.

All the talk about mental illness and its support in the community and promotion by various groups is such a joke. When you have to deal with it you realise that compassion and acceptance does not exist.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun
Please do not think that I am in any way making less of your pain and frustration. At times it feels like an ongoing battle.

Polypharmacy was a concern of mine and something I tackled with the pdoc and if it is a concern of yours, I strongly urge you to speak to the doctor about it. With any drug the pdoc should explain benefit v risk and when a review will take place.

These are the RANZCP guidelines for the treatment of bipolar. They also have guides for other disorders.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ranzcp.org/Files/Resources/Publi...
Former-Member
Not applicable

thinking of you during such an unbearable time

yes I feel angry at times with media and glorification 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance