Skip to main content

Re: Craft Corner

Your blanket is looking really good. @saturnzoon , dod you think it needs something my friend xoxo

Hello @CheerBear , @outlander , @Maggie , @Judi9877 

@CheerBear  My eyes are hanging out of my head right now. Cro tatting was where I started as I tried tatting a long time age. Then ended up in the mandala crochet. 😍😍😍😍 I’m hooked. 😁😁

Yay 😁😍😁😍😁😍! So excited you're hooked! Wandering off to look at cro tatting (never heard of that!) and mandala crochet (haven't come across that either) @Maggie 😁

@Maggie howd you go with your search? Anything stand out?

Too much stood out @outlander  😁😁❤️

I had a very big giggle at myself after posting above that I'd not heard of mandala crochet then heading to the bedroom where the queen sized mandala blanket I made is :face_with_rolling_eyes:😆 Full brain fart.

@Maggie tatting looks very, very cool. A lovely former member used to do some incredible tatting. It looks so tiny and fiddly to me but really interesting.

I admit to big brain confusion when I read you hadn’t heard of mandala crocheting, as you gave me the idea. Double brain fart.

I don’t want to do the tiny fiddly, but the combination of crochet and tatting looks very interesting. Then, so does everything crochet. I bit scared of the hook I must admit. Being told I looked like I was gardening knocked my confidence. Silly things stay inside this brain, if it’s there. 😔😔

Hi @Maggie @CheerBear @outlander @Gazza75 @Shaz51 @saturnzoon and everyone here

I wish I could say something funny to make you laugh @Maggie and feel better about people’s gardening comments, like ‘they were just digging’...but I know what you mean about how those little things can hurt deep and stay so long and affect us. It’s happened to me too about different things. If it helps, I love gardening, and it’s not a bad thing to look like you’re planting things *hug*. We’re not women of the past that had to look dainty with their knees together and heads down *another hug*. and you deserve to enjoy yourself and choose what you enjoy, no matter what that ‘looks’ like. 

I’ve really been enjoying following this thread 🧵 and I love the pics of everyone’s work! 

@CheerBear i think  you mentioned yarn bombing? There’s a church in Brunswick on Sydney Rd at the top of Blyth street that has poles in front of it (to stop cars driving in to the church through the T-junction). I noticed these have been freshly yarn-bombed and they look beautiful. I’ve been wanting to take photos but haven’t had the chance bc i’m working each time i pass them. anyway, i thought that maybe church members did the work. but another way to find out about a local group would be to contact some local councils and neighbourhood houses. i’m sure they could help point you in the right direction. 

I finished my crochet piece and it’s a bit garish and distorted  but i kind of like it like that 😄4CC043A6-3D53-4246-835F-351551306F80.jpeg

B747BA83-1947-4BF6-B898-12BD7E949EAE.jpeg

@Lyra_reachout  Thanks for your very welcome encouragement. Yes, we are sensitive beings, just trying our best. Sorry the same has happened to you. 😍😍

I can’t see your pics yet, but will come back later when they come through.

welcome to the forums if I haven’t welcomed you before, your name rings a bell. 🤔🤔

The pink paint and yesterday’s stone. @CheerBear @Lyra_reachout @outlander @Shaz51 @saturnzoon  And anyone passing through.43542ED6-3AF3-4DE4-91A1-9ECD392B3C22.jpeg