Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

@Anastasia  My notifications are a lot strange, sorry I didn’t receive a tag for your post.

Sending you some love this morning, late, but heartfelt. I hope there are some better moments today. 💕💕💕

B62A367A-FFF5-48DF-A6A7-12E7B704C553.jpeg

Thank you @Maggie x

Hello all

@Maggie @Smc @Smc @Eve7 @Emelia8 @Former-Member @Shaz51 it has been a while since I popped in here.

I am slowly feeling my way around the forums and have made some beautiful connections, all of you included. There are many more that I am grateful for too which I haven't tagged, just not sure if that is the right thing to do? My anxiety is through the roof at the moment, so my overthinking has gone into overdrive around doing the right thing here.

My assumption is that we all have our own thread and post our updates on that as well as support others on theirs, is that right?

My boy is doing well and is actually out of bed early and being productive. I am struggling to get productive today. The weekend was way too busy and as a result I am flat.

Hello also to @Appleblossom @greenpea @eth and I promised you @NatureLover that I would tag you to my thread. 

Happy day to you all Heart

Thank you for tagging me to your thread, @Anastasia 🙂

@Anastasia wrote:

There are many more that I am grateful for too which I haven't tagged, just not sure if that is the right thing to do? My anxiety is through the roof at the moment, so my overthinking has gone into overdrive around doing the right thing here.

My assumption is that we all have our own thread and post our updates on that as well as support others on theirs, is that right?

It seems to me that you're doing everything right and then some 🙂 You can tag anyone you want, and post updates to your own thread if you like...as well as on other threads too if you like. You don't have to stick to your own thread. I guess if I was posting a big update, I would post on my own thread...or updates can occur anywhere as part of conversation. And you're certainly a treasure at supporting others - thank you Heart

I'm sorry your anxiety is bad and that you feel flat...I hope both of those ease soon for you. I'm glad your boy is doing well today 🙂

@Anastasia 

Smiley Happy

Thank you for tag.  It is not necessary to have your own thread, but it seems to have been one way that the forum has evolved.

Good your boy is busy today.  My boy is too.

Parenting and energy and any human and energy .. is complicated.  In the end we have to honest with ourselves for trying but also give respect that our tanks may need refreshing.  Then there is the resilience aspect.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-07/raising-resilient-kids-to-take-on-life-challenges-parenting/1... 

Thanks @Appleblossom  I am stoked to hear your boy is also keeping busy 🙂

Yes it most certainly is. I will have a read of your artile, thank you for sharing my friend xox

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Anastasia 

This is effectively your own post as it falls under the "My stories" category although some do morph into shared threads.

Posts in the "something's not right" category are more shared as are the social and looking after ourselves categories.

Learning how to manage our own anxieties around our loved ones conditions can make a huge difference both for ourselves and for them.  

Free counseling is available through the Carer Gateway if you don't already have a counselor/ therapist and of course there are plenty of tips available in this forum, particularly in a number of discussion threads in the "Looking after ourselves category.

Thanks @NatureLover 

for the clarification and your friendship for which I am truly grateful for Heart

Thank_you_.jpg

Hello and happy day wishes to my dear supportive friends @outlander @Snowie@Fluttershy1 @Lilly6 @TAB @MDT @Faith-and-Hope @greenpea 

trying to chill here @Anastasia  thanks for the tag Cat Happy

Hey @Former-Member 

thank you. I think today is heightened around over doing it on the weekend for everyone else and not taking any time out for me and of course it's back to work so my plate is overloaded. Lesson learned. Hard though when I am needed by many at times. I do have a therapist and homework from last visit too so I do need to make the time in my days to attend to it. Have you seen The Lion King Darcy? I see you as Moustafa's wife, Sarabi - a woman of great knowledge and courage.

How is Mr Darcy? Has he had his scan as yet? My father has chemo again tomorrow and then his scan Thursday. Next Tuesday we find out the result after 8 treatments. For memory Mr Darcy and Dad were on par with their treatment start date.  Always thisnking of you x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance