Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

Mainland locations @Former-Member

I have often wondered when I am ready to seek full time employment if I should aim for location closer to psyc services. Not nearly as affordable as our current location though.

Yes @Determined.  

Are you finding the town location a bit more social for both you and Darling @Determined. How many km to pdoc for you? How often is Darling going now?

Darling is definitely getting more visitors @Former-Member but the biggest advantage to our current location is access to good walking paths meaning we are both getting out for walks more often.  Ease of keeping on top of yard maintenance is also a big plus.

Darling currently sees pdoc monthly, more often when necessary.  Pdoc actually comes to our town 1 day per week so that saves on travel. Previous pdoc was 2 hour round trip (75-80 km 1 way) Private hospital darling has been admitted to and current pdoc base same location. 

I think darling  should be seeing councillir/ psychologist more regularly but she is currently refusing. P doc (by darlings account) thinks she is doing great. That only means she is not telling him everything and he is not asking the right questions.

Psychologist I would like darling to see (vast experience and success working with people with bpd and ptsd) is also works out of same office at private hospital facility but darling refuses to see him as the travel is too much for her. 

There was a time she used to drive herself down for appointments now she wont even go if I drive her. 

Yikes ... Mr Darcy contacting all and sundry about our trip away, have said to him we need to hold off booking things and see what transpires with Mum. 

The Christmas season is already proving stressful for Mr D 😬. We are usually quite hospitable but he has been reluctant to catch up with people but did get our cards written and posted. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 As you needed your own space I have deliberately not posted general things in the up and down thread but am missing the comraderie of partners who chose to stay and care for their significant other. Would you feel offended if I started a thread specifically for  that purpose?  

The Christmas season is already proving stressful for Mr D, ohh sending you hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

he has been reluctant to catch up with people, twin mr shaz is not caring about christmas , I got the cards today to write and send away , he has been low all day  today

good night @Former-Member, hope you have a good sleep Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance