Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Today was a great day out, sunshine and fun with my Mums group, 10 years together this month and we are still going strong. Lets say we did some bush bashing with 10 kids 2 non 4wd prams and scooters and bikes and a lot of laughter. They helped me with my post natal with both kids and our bond is for life. I actually admitted how hard things are at the moment, shed some tears and got some cuddles. Hope others had a laugh today.

@Shaz51 wrote:

hello @Krishna@Lost9@Anastasia@Smc@Flurry0306  how is everyone today xx

@Shaz51 wrote:

hello @Krishna@Lost9@Anastasia@Smc@Flurry0306  how is everyone today 

sunshine and fun with my Mums group, 10 years together --- sounds like it was a great day @Flurry0306 Heart

hello @Smc@Anastasia@Krishna@Lost9@Determined@Bipolarcarer@Scoo@FindingStrength@Alicat@Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Elac 

Hi @Shaz51 Been a long long day here. Up since 4am as had to have a minor procedure in hospital this morning bright and early. Snuggled up now with a Tulsi tea and warm fire although pretty much ready for zzzzzzzs. Hope you had a beautiful day xx

Hope you have a speedy recovery @Krishna , hope all is ok with you xx 

Busy day today , worked until 3 pm  today and then busy at home , dinner and relaxing 

Made my mum a cuppa  too 

Will be in bed soon  too 

It was a great day them followed by 2 kids with gastro all weekend and hubby back to hospital via ambulance due to infection from kidney stent but i got through just kept remembering my Mums grouo adventures.

yaaa glad you got through it my @Flurry0306 

hope your kids recover quickly and fingers crossed that you dont get it now 

how is your husband tonight xx

I have kidney disease stage 4 ---  21% with only one kidney 

Hey Peoples!

Recently back from visiting my parents in aged care for the first time in 10 months. They're 400 ks away from where we live. Always exhausting, so the coping toolbox comes out.

While there, I took myself out browsing in a nearby nursery. It was close to closing time, and when a staff member politely asked me what I wanted, I replied "Some relaxing browsing time at the end of a long day." 🙂 The browsing resulted in five small pots of plants, so I guess it was worth their while too.

Getting home... Coping Toolbox always includes knowing I'm going to be flat for a few days, so I need to be gentle on myself and not try to do too much.

And a funny one. I've realised another thing is that even when I've had a hard day, I try to be friendly and smily with register operators and suchlike. I worked on a register for a while, a friendly customer could make your day and a nasty one could ruin it... but I also walk away feeling better if I've had a brief, friendly interaction. Double bonus of that is that when its a regularly visited shop, the rego operators see me coming, and they have their smile all ready before I get to them. 🙂

(And I avoid self serve checkouts as much as possible... machines aren't good at social interaction.)

I am with you re being nice to register operators. I do cleaners too and oh my, do they notice. Maybe not enough people thanks them?
🙂
Smiling to others is a great copping tool

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance