Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

krist
Casual Contributor

PTSD help

Hi

Im new here and im trying to get some help. Im struggling with my PTSD and not sure where to turn

9 REPLIES 9
Peonies
Senior Contributor

Re: PTSD help

Hi there @krist , 

Welcome to the forums Heart
Thank you for sharing with us about yourself. Our community is great and I am sure some of our members will be able to relate to your experience and offer you some support 🧸 
Don't hesitate to ask us moderators or other members if you have any questions about the forums. The Community Guidelines are pretty handy for understanding how it all works as well. 🌻 

Hi @krist 

Do you want to talk about what's going on for you at the moment? 

Hi @krist and welcome to the forum. Can I ask if you have any supports in place - GP, psych, pdoc, counsellor?

You will find many of us here also suffer from PTSD and it can be extremely difficult to cope with. Trauma is any form has a way of taking over our lives and continuing to haunt us - especially when we least expect it. 

You have come to a great place to find some additional support though from people who get it so again - welcome to the community.

Hello

Thanks for your reply. No I dont have anyone that I can talk too and I think thats why I am now crashing. I have kept everything in for so long and dont like to burden people so I find it hard to open up to people, probably why I dont have any friends but having a friend with PTSD is hard to deal with so I cant blame them.

Just feeling fed up now and not sure where to turn

My first suggestion is to contact your GP @krist They can help you with a mental health care plan and a referral to a counsellor. It is super hard sometimes to talk about these things but having professionals in your corner to help is invaluable. Much like you I did not talk much to my team but could write a lot down and then give to them - we then worked off that with a lot of questions that I could answer yes/no or nod/shake my head at.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @krist 

There's an online ptsd course. You can do it at home and have access to their counsellors, either by phone or email. 
I have CPTSD and did this course a while ago. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it, but if you google, online ptsd course you should find it. It's a free course, which is a bonus. 
I found it helpful, plus what Zoe7 suggested. 👍

🌺🌷🌸

@krist Check out the Mindspot site - they have many courses and information you might benefit from.

mindspot ptsd-course 

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have made an appointment to see my doctor but will also check the online course out. I have only really just accepted that I have PTSD after being told last year and now I think things are coming up that I hadnt expected and Im not sure how to deal with it all.

But thanks again for all your suggestions 

Seeing your doctor is the first step @krist They can help refer you to others that can help as well as support you themselves. Let us know how it goes.

Having PTSD is hard and so many of us here get that. I have complex PTSD and it takes a lot of energy to deal with it but having a great team behind me for support really helps. There are times that it is very difficult - I particularly do not like nights and find it hard to sleep - especially when anxious or triggered (which happens a lot at night). For me it is not about getting over everything but about managing the best I can and learning new ways to move through it all - some days that is harder than others. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance