Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

KRH
Casual Contributor

Im totally lost with navigating this site .

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Newbie

hello @KRH and welcome

youve done great at making a thread and creating your first post. perhaps you might like to share abit about yourself and what brought you here? you can do this by clicking the reply button
KRH
Casual Contributor

Feeling isolated , lonely. However when I get an invite to catch up for a coffee with a friend I avoid it and make excuses .

Dont understand my actions or lack of should I say ..

Thats really challanging @KRH
can i ask if you have spoken to anyone about how youve been feeling like your gp or a psychologist?
KRH
Casual Contributor

No. When I was younger, yes. Not nowadays.

would you perhaps consider it again? @KRH

@KRH That cycle of being lonely/making plans/cancelling plans is incredibly common, you're not at all alone with this. I really don't understand the cycle either, I just know that it's a common theme for those with depression/anxiety, myself included. I hope this helps, but it used to be something I really struggled with as a teen/young adult. I think as I've gone on medication for depression and continued to force myself to follow through with commitments, it's gotten easier to manage and not so overwhelming. There's still times when I'm sh*tting myself not wanting to do something that I might have previously organised or agreed to and at the time been excited for, those times still roll around, but with less frequency and not such strong overpowering anxiety like it used to be.

I hope that made sense, apologies if not. Basically just wanted to say you're not alone with this.

KRH
Casual Contributor

Thankyou. 

Yes it makes sense .

I have great friends , some since school . I dont talk to them about it .

I should, but I dont .

chibam
Senior Contributor

Hi @KRH Smiley Happy Welcome to the forums!

@KRH wrote:

Thankyou. 

Yes it makes sense .

I have great friends , some since school . I dont talk to them about it .

I should, but I dont .

Well that answers the question I was going to ask about whether your relationships with these friends are positive or not. Smiley Indifferent

Could there be something wrong with the encounters that makes you reluctant to go through with them? Can you imagine an "ideal" version of an encounter with these friends? Can you identify what is differant between the ideal and how these encounters tend to play out in real life?

Peonies
Senior Contributor

Hi there @KRH 

I am sorry you are finding it difficult to navigate our forums. We hope the forums can be a supportive space for you to connect to others with similar experiences. 🌻 

It could be helpful to take a look at some of our pinned threads for some tips and tricks in using the forums. Our Community Guidelines can be handy for understanding how it all works as well Smiley Very Happy
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us by @Former-Member  or via email - team@saneforums.org Heart 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance