Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Peacelovejojo
Casual Contributor

New to the forum

Hello everyone 

My name is Jojo 

I recently have been diagnosed with BPD.

I have been listening to alot of podcasts about BPD. However I'm still learning more about what i have.

My partner is finding it hard to support me and understand what i have. It causes fights. When we do fight he blames it all on my BPD. Even tho he doesnt understand what i have. 

My family is the same. When o have a bad day I can't tell them because I feel they judge me. 

I'm hoping to get some reassurance and advice from the forum.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: New to the forum

Welcome to the forums @Peacelovejojo I hope you find support here that is helpful.

I don’t have BPD but I will tag someone who may be able to assist with your questions. @BPDSurvivor 

It sounds very difficult for you right now with a new diagnosis and not getting the support you require from your loved ones.

Please have a look at the various threads and join in any of the discussions.

Once again, welcome and I really hope you receive support here.

💙💛

Thank you for your reply 

I dont know how to find the threads 

Can you help navigate me on the right area?

Hey @Peacelovejojo ,

Welcome to the forums! Navigating the forums can be a bit tricky at first.

So here's a start for BPD-related threads:

1) Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script 

2) LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

3) Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT 

Here's some social threads:

1) Share a cuppa? 

2) Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ? 

3) The Weekly Friday Feast 

4) Good Morning 

Self-care threads:

1) Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday 

2) The Ice-Memery 

Let us know how you go,

tyme

@Freedom11  in case you're interested 

BPD is a very interesting condition @Peacelovejojo  - well I find it is anyway.

It's such a slow-moving condition which means it takes years to develop and years to recover. Yet every little change you make adds to a change in the way your brain develops. 

To me, an analogy is:

You've been walking down the same path all your life. Suddenly, you realise the path is not great. Hence you want to walk on the new path. But the new path is difficult to navigate because you've never been there before. However, once you know the way down this path and you walk that path again and again, it becomes the new 'better' path. Once you've walked this new path, you rarely go back to the old path.

The above analogy is your brain. Your brain has been wired to think a certain way all your life. Yet you know something is not right and you want to see behavioural changes. You train your brain to react differently to situations. The more you 'train' you brain, the easier it gets. Once you've learnt a new way of thinking and reacting, it's unlikely you'll go back the first.

Sorry if this is confusing.

tyme

Thank you Tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance