Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Historylover
Senior Contributor

Losing my grip

Guys, I'm just putting it on record that I feel that I'm losing my grip.

I'm safe but fearful. No-one to trust except you. 

No email, please moderators, only here. Here is where my friends meet up.

68 REPLIES 68

Re: Losing my grip

Hi @Historylover , glad to hear you're safe, thanks again for your advice yesterday, are you able to check in here periodically so we know you're still safe?

Thank you for the quick reply, @welcome_snacks. I'll check in regularly, but I don't think I can beat this this time. I think I'm losing my grip on reality. That's what they want.

P.S. I'm pleased you sound so much better today, @welcome_snacks.

Hey no problems @Historylover , right place right time.  I'm glad you'll keep checking in with us.  I'm pretty much finished work for the day so happy to hang around as someone to chat with if you like?

@welcome_snacks, I guess I just needed to register my concern with my friends here. I had an experience yesterday that left me feeling that I was losing my grip and it happened again today. This is new, and I have been concerned it could happen. I keep having waves of believing that my life will work out in the end and then reality keeps coming back into view. Things keep happening in life that keep me going, as if I am being led along to where others want me to be. My life has always been controlled by others, and that's why I'm where I am. No-one has ever had my best interest at heart. I'm just being used by them, as usual. I don't know what else to do but keep going. And no, it won't work out well. Not for me.

@Historylover  I can understand that.  I really understand the feeling of being out of control you're describing from my own life.  And the party about none having your best interest at heart, as a DV kid I feel that in my soul.  I'm not going to pretend I have answers, but I hope you know I'm listening 🙂

Thanks @welcome_snacks. I don't know what else to say. I'm rather frightened and feel I've lost control of my life, and that others are now completely in control. 

I'm sorry that's happening to you @Historylover.. Failing other things to say let's talk about what's for dinner tonight because it's my turn to cook, and I need some inspo

Well for me @welcome_snacks, I've already eaten. Just a salad as it's quick and gives me my daily intake of vegetables and a little protein. What is on your menu? Are you a good cook?

Hey @Historylover ,

Hugs. 

It's so important to remember each person has their own journey. There is no right or wrong. In many ways, when I used to compare my life to others, I became so depressed. This was because I was always a little 'slower' and 'different'. I couldn't understand why so many had such great lives, were moving on etc, yet I remained in a slump. 

Looking at others was disheartening. 

I hope you will find a way to value your own experiences and what you have done.

Hugs, tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance