Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: I'm still here

Day three.

Today I managed to get showered and dressed to go to an appointment with my social worker.

I then made pumpkin soup and got back into my PJs. 

I knew I was going to need recovery time after Polling day. I didn't expect it to be so long. 

How are you tonight @Scream58 ?

@BPDSurvivor 

I am so sick of being tired and in pain. 

The hospital has a request to do the camera/dye thing to try and work out why my liver function tests are getting worse and why the area is sore all the time. Some sort of blockage is suspected but the ultrasound was unable to confirm. I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon given the chaos in our health system. Our hospital EDs are only accepting patients with life threatening problems at the moment. I don't know what the elective surgery status is because it's all hush hush now.

My GP has given me stronger painkillers.

I have therapy tomorrow so another 3+ hours driving. 

Feeling and sounding like a total wet blanket at the moment.

Sorry to hear of the pain @Scream58 . Sounds like others on the forum are feeling the same way.

I hope drs will be able to find the cause soon.

A three hour drive sounds very worthwhile. I remember when I used to do that once a week for therapy. Looking back, it was totally worth it. Without that therapy, I don’t think I’d be here today.

Looking forward to hearing how you go tomorrow,

BPDSurvivor

@BPDSurvivor 

I was totally wiped out by the time I got home yesterday. Had brunch with friends before a very emotional therapy sesdion then went to the supermarket before heading home. 

Having a lazy day today.

Really bad day today. Yesterday was the anniversary of my partner's suicide. I managed to keep myself busy and thought I'd succeeded in pushing it aside. Not so! Today it jumped up to bite me hard.

Hi @Scream58 

I'm so sorry this day has been so hard for you. It's perfectly understandable. Take some time to feel what you need to. Keep reaching out, we are all here for you. 

hanami 💮

@hanami 

I'm kind of tired of feeling this. 19 years is 19 years too long. He freed himself from hell on earth leaving the rest of us to suffer it forever. Sometimes the pain is unbearable.

Hugs @Scream58 

sitting with you in your pain.

❤️

@hanami 

I got my pay from working at the election a couple of days ago. To give myself something to look forward to I booked tickets to Disney on Ice for me and my 10yo granddaughter. 

If I didn't have something to look forward to I could easily give up at the moment but I will never let my grandkids down.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance